Farish 2018 wishlist frothing.

steve1023

Diesel - 25/3 would certainly be popular and they already have the chassis. Outsiders could be a revised Peak and/or LMS Twins?

Steam - Crab seems likely given their commitment to updating the older GF models. Outsiders V2 or Standard 75xxx.

DMU - Class 105.

My personal choices would be a Class 28 & Un-rebuilt Patriot but I don't expect to see either for some years yet.

David

Yes, and whilst the motors are good, the detail is poor, and to my eyes UM models stand out when running next to more detailed models. 

Perhaps an opportunity for a spot of modelling to add some detail?

G.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps an opportunity for a spot of modelling to add some detail?

G.

The amount that it needs added makes that a big job, taking more time than I have to spend on it at the moment. 

The amount that it needs added makes that a big job, taking more time than I have to spend on it at the moment. 

One can stage it.

Basic detailing - add vacuum pipes, lamps, lamp irons, better buffers, shorten tender wire and paint wheel rims. An hours work would cover most of this.

When time permits advanced detailing of separate handrails, brake gear etc can be added.

Cheers,

Alan

Yep, for me as well. And presumably they can all be shrunk down from OO so the research has already been undertaken.

With the 4CEPs appearing to have sold out, the 2EPB would make an ideal follow up companion train. And being just a two car unit would not have a massive price.

G

I still can’t get me head around why they picked to do an unreferbed version that limited them to only 2 liveries. If they had picked the referbished one they could have had 5 liveries

Carl

I still can’t get me head around why they picked to do an unreferbed version that limited them to only 2 liveries. If they had picked the referbished one they could have had 5 liveries

Yes. I think the selection of a non-refurbed version severely restricted the timescale it fitted and compressed it in to the steamy transition era where those enthusiasts generally don't appreciate electric traction particularly highly. However, IIRC they did do at least three livery batches which all seem to have sold.

G

• Like 1

My greatest desire is to see a re-tooled class 45/46 'Peak' become available...split box and split centre headcode 45s especially. Desperate for this. Such a prominent part of the motive power scene of 70s-based layouts. Farish- you'd shift loads.

I was surprised not to see this feature prominently in last year's wish list.

• RMweb Premium

My greatest desire is to see a re-tooled class 45/46 'Peak' become available...split box and split centre headcode 45s especially. Desperate for this. Such a prominent part of the motive power scene of 70s-based layouts. Farish- you'd shift loads.

I was surprised not to see this feature prominently in last year's wish list.

Yes the Peak's a logical development from the 40.

How come you guys are getting away from frothing when my earlier posts were locked?!!!!!!!

How come you guys are getting away from frothing when my earlier posts were locked?!!!!!!!

Timing - once we're within sight of announcements it's an licensed activity - like the Wabbit and Duck seasons in Bugs Bunny cartoons of old.

In fairness I waited until the Hornby equivalent thread reached 8 pages with no sign of being shut down before starting this one.

Can I just add some re-runs of the more common Mk1 BSK, CK & SO in green. It has been ages since they were done.

I'm not so sure that they would sell shed-loads - there is already a fairly modern version where people who purchased those may well be happy with them and unlikely to replace/upgrade them.

And don't forget IIRC it was a Bachmann Chinese designed and produced model (rather than a Farish Poole version simply re-produced in China) so has relatively modern features like high quality paint finish, wire sanding pipes, low profile blackened wheels, etc., as well as being made in quite a few versions (44, 45/0, 45/1 and 46). With a lot of batches produced there must be quite a few around reducing any future potential market. Plus there is the opportunity to further detail and improve them with a little modelling for those who want something with a little more finesse.

G. 

Edited by grahame

Id be surprised to see anything major for modern image modellers (as in post 2000), with the 319 still somewhere in the future. I suspect this will be a problem for some time given the mostly line-specific nature of modern multiple units and their low sales potential. farish don't have many easy options left really, with Dapol having the 68 and presumably 88 tied up.

There are still major modern prototypes to cover, the new mk 5 coaches would be nice, but I suspect Dapol will do them to go with the 68. The big one to do would be the 800/801/802, but it would be a very expensive pack. The more palatable era of locos hauling coaches is a better commercial option as people can spread their costs and build up train lengths one coach at a time. Hard to do that with all those pesky multiple units!

David

The more palatable era of locos hauling coaches is a better commercial option as people can spread their costs and build up train lengths one coach at a time. Hard to do that with all those pesky multiple units!

Hmm, not so sure about that.

Don't forget, that even with a two car unit, you do at least get a complete train for a relatively modest cost (probably less than a loco and one coach which wouldn't really constitute a train) meaning a loco and three coaches would probably cost more than a 4 car unit. And you still get the option of spreading the cost where you want a longer train made up of several 2-car units.

G

I'm not so sure that they would sell shed-loads - there is already a fairly modern version where people who purchased those may well be happy with them and unlikely to replace/upgrade them.

And don't forget IIRC it was a Bachmann Chinese designed and produced model (rather than a Farish Poole version simply re-produced in China) so has relatively modern features like high quality paint finish, wire sanding pipes, low profile blackened wheels, etc., as well as being made in quite a few versions (44, 45/0, 45/1 and 46). With a lot of batches produced there must be quite a few around reducing any future potential market. Plus there is the opportunity to further detail and improve them with a little modelling for those who want something with a little more finesse.

G.

I'm sure you make some good points G and yes, the most recent 'Peak' was fairly modern, certainly no lumpen effigy. Heck, I'd even settle for a re-run of the existing model made DCC ready.

But given the rate that the quality of models is improving I'd reckon a bells & whistles version of class 45 with headcode variants would be a sure fire winner. By the time it came out the older tooling might be ancient anyway

Edited by Colossus

Modern image (surely all the old stuff has been done by now?!)

Class 90

Class 158

Drax Biomass Hoppers

And a big catch up on liveries of more 'mundane' stock...

66 - 718 & 721 in Underground liveries

150 - Northern white/spotty

150 - Old Northern unbranded

350 - TransPennine Express new

350 - TransPennine Express old

350 - LNWR

I know the 350 in LM liveries is still sitting on shelves years down the line, but I think the TPE ones would sell. With the Revolution Pendolino and Class 92 due soon, modelling the North WCML becomes a lot more appealing. The TPE models would fit in nicely with this.

The Northern 150's would be a good bet with the Dapol 142 imminent. I'm not sure how others feel but I'd like to see a bit of joined up thinking with releases.

Modern image (surely all the old stuff has been done by now?!)

Class 90

Class 158

Drax Biomass Hoppers

And a big catch up on liveries of more 'mundane' stock...

66 - 718 & 721 in Underground liveries

150 - Northern white/spotty

150 - Old Northern unbranded

350 - TransPennine Express new

350 - TransPennine Express old

350 - LNWR

I know the 350 in LM liveries is still sitting on shelves years down the line, but I think the TPE ones would sell. With the Revolution Pendolino and Class 92 due soon, modelling the North WCML becomes a lot more appealing. The TPE models would fit in nicely with this.

The Northern 150's would be a good bet with the Dapol 142 imminent. I'm not sure how others feel but I'd like to see a bit of joined up thinking with releases.

I agree about the 350's, all mine have been vinyled to old TPE livery, they are a great model and the new TPE livery looks good on the real thing, and also the 150, why this hasn't been released in any kind of recent Northern Livery baffles me.

John P

Trans Pennine Express  the  original  DMU    Green  livery  followed  by  Blue  Grey,  probably  wishful  thinking  as  there  are too many variations on  the  5  cars

But  we  always live  in  hope.

I was  going  to  add  Manchester South Junction  to  Altrincham 3 car  OHL  EMU  but  I don't  think  I  will bother! :no: 

• RMweb Premium

I could use a Strathclyde orange/black Class 101 (two or three car, I don't mind!) and a re-run of the Mk2 FK's that seem to have vanished off the face of the planet just as I wanted one to declassify.

I would LIKE the K3 to be shrunk, but am not holding my breath.

Hopefully there will be some progress on the J72.....

Les

.I doubt the K3 will ever be shrunk which is a shame given that they have a very good and all ready to go Group Standard tender drive.

I am very lucky to have a K3 produced from Atso-Cad's 3D print. In my case the rather excellent finishing and painting was done by no other than Atso (Steve) himself. It is powered by the aforementioned Farish B1 tender drive and the loco chassis is a variety of Farish components. I think Steve may now have adapted it to use the Farish N Class chassis.

Roy

post-4469-0-38086300-1513799657_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I'd be perfectly happy with pure shrink ray items. The E4 and Atlantic being top of the list. I'm still amazed that the MLV and EPB haven't been shrunk down yet.

But from other regions I'm also surprised they've not done the 56xx or 105 DMU. These seem like a dead cert for sales. While we're at it what's the delay on a standard 4MT!?!