Bachmann incoming - December 2017

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Ditto ditto for the 70. Many years ago, I thought, “Wouldn’t it be nice to have a colour television at Christmas?” Stupid idea. Licence now falls due just before Christmas. It costs more-or-less the same as a shiny new loco and only lasts a year. 

Give up the TV!!   I did when my late  Mum (who held the licence) went into care and have not missed the TV since then.

Keith

Thanks for the head's up.

It does seem a little at odds with Bachmann's website such as listing 66728 which the website doesn't show due until March/April. As already mentioned the new class 70s are an interesting omission too given the website says Dec/Jan. Time will tell...

Guest spet0114

Looks to be far more correct then Butler Henderson.

More correct in what sense?  As far as I'm aware, the model of Butler Henderson was a very accurate represntation of it's (then) current condition. Are you saying that the model of Mons is a more accurate representation of a pre-grouping loco than that of B/H?  If so, then please can you point out some of the differences?  This is a genuine question as I'm always interested to know how our preserved locos differ from the period they're intended to represent.

Cheers

Adrian

More correct in what sense?  As far as I'm aware, the model of Butler Henderson was a very accurate represntation of it's (then) current condition. Are you saying that the model of Mons is a more accurate representation of a pre-grouping loco than that of B/H?  If so, then please can you point out some of the differences?  This is a genuine question as I'm always interested to know how our preserved locos differ from the period they're intended to represent.

Cheers

Adrian

From what I can see, the livery is more correct for the pre-group era, namely the lettering on the tender and the lining around the cab sides. However the model still has raised rivets on the smokebox wrapper and cab roof which shouldn't be there for the loco in that period.

Mike.

Edited by M.Riddell

Cheers

Adrian

Mainly down to the livery, Butler Henderson is modeled as preserved are there are significant differences to how it was restored vs how it was when first turned out of Gorton, mainly the incorrect font and lack of polished trim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Phew, no Colas class 70 this month, gonna save me a few bob (although I do have the WCR 47 on order)

But no SECR lake ones in the list  :no2:

Bad news... these are showing on the Bachmann New Arrivals webpage as already here...

Disappointed the TPO Stowage Vans haven't appeared on the list. I understood they were signed off for production a few months ago.

• 2 months later...

Before I try and contact Bachmann, has anyone received info from them or their retailer about the non appearance of the three main range Class 47s that were on this December 2017 list -

31-660A  BR blue large logo

32-818    West Coast

32-819    Virgin Totnes Castle

As these were in production and due to be shipped in December, they would be expected to have appeared in late Jan early Feb. I have an order in for the Virgin Totnes Castle, but all my retailer has is that it hasn't appeared on any retailer list from Bachmann, of expected releases, up to and including February. 

The recent 'Availability' index on the current Bachmann website shows all three as 'Out of Stock' which in the past, for an item in production/shipping indicated that there had been a production problem.

Have these models been affected by production issues, similar to the Reps Special Class 47 in InterCity livery, or are they being held back due to the number of reps 47s being released. Either way, having released info that they are on their way, it would help if Bachmann advised the reason for the release delay.

Guest spet0114

Before I try and contact Bachmann, has anyone received info from them or their retailer about the non appearance of the three main range Class 47s that were on this December 2017 list -

31-660A  BR blue large logo

32-818    West Coast

32-819    Virgin Totnes Castle

As these were in production and due to be shipped in December, they would be expected to have appeared in late Jan early Feb. I have an order in for the Virgin Totnes Castle, but all my retailer has is that it hasn't appeared on any retailer list from Bachmann, of expected releases, up to and including February. 

The recent 'Availability' index on the current Bachmann website shows all three as 'Out of Stock' which in the past, for an item in production/shipping indicated that there had been a production problem.

Have these models been affected by production issues, similar to the Reps Special Class 47 in InterCity livery, or are they being held back due to the number of reps 47s being released. Either way, having released info that they are on their way, it would help if Bachmann advised the reason for the release delay.

Don't forget, just because something appears in one of the 'incoming' threads, doesn't mean it'll be arriving anytime soon. We had some discourse over this when the threads first started and Bachmann admitted that all it really means is that an advance sample has been air-freighted to Bachmann. There may be a considerable delay between that event and when the container turns up on the boat.

See here:  (bottom of post #19)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/105181-Bachmann-incoming-november-2015/

Cheers

Adrian

Don't forget, just because something appears in one of the 'incoming' threads, doesn't mean it'll be arriving anytime soon. We had some discourse over this when the threads first started and Bachmann admitted that all it really means is that an advance sample has been air-freighted to Bachmann. There may be a considerable delay between that event and when the container turns up on the boat.

See here:  (bottom of post #19)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/105181-Bachmann-incoming-november-2015/

Cheers

Adrian

I recall this being covered by Andy Y in the past, in that these lists released by Bachmann, show items in production and due to be shipped from China in the stated month. Of course they may not be shipped if production doesn't go to plan. The Class 47s I've shown were all showing on box shifter retailers sites as Jan/Feb releases, which seems to tie in with the December production. However as they now have an 'Out of Stock' rather than an ETA on the Bachmann Availability database and retailers don't have updated release info, are we in for a longer wait, it's that info on the Availability site that has prompted my question. If there was a short term delay, you'd expect a revised ETA to be shown. I may be adding 2 and 2 and making 5, but as I said, it's been reported here that one of the Reps Special Class 47s was rejected on arrival at Barwell and I assume that the main range and Reps Special 47s would have been part of a common production run. I've checked the whole December list and most items have arrived at retailers, apart from the 3 Class 47s, a Class 150/2 sound version and two wagons (VDA and OTA).

Guest spet0114

...due to be shipped from China in the stated month....

That's the common misconception - see the post I linked to. 

The appearance on the 'incoming' list and the shipping of the container of models may not happen in the same month, or even the same quarter.

• RMweb Premium

There's also 47209 Herbert Austin in RfD from Andy's January list still to appear. There are so many 47s arriving at the moment, which will have been manufactured as one production run, that they will not all have been shipped from China together and some containers shipped late have been known to overtake others. It all depends where the ship calls on route and where any transshipment is made. I suspect we will continue to see new 47s appearing over the next few weeks before everything known about has been released. Not everyone wants 47s, so Bachmann has to keep other newly arrived models flowing from the warehouse too.

• RMweb Premium

It is also worth remembering that if there was any delay in shipment for whatever reason, then Chinese New Year will likely have intervened.  Given this affects all Chinese manufacturers, when things get back to normal there will be a backlog for containers and shipping slots.

Did the Arriva Trains Wales Sprinters miss the boat or have they arrived and been sent back. Now showing May/June 2018

While reviewing the sample supplied to Rail Express Modeller, I noticed a decoration error that had escaped Bachmann's attention. Once informed, Bachmann opted to stop the shipment and return them to be corrected.

While reviewing the sample supplied to Rail Express Modeller, I noticed a decoration error that had escaped Bachmann's attention. Once informed, Bachmann opted to stop the shipment and return them to be corrected.

Coach numbers?

We had our volumes for 47209 and 47444 confirmed by Bachmann last week, so probably not far away.

Also that those two are sold out at source. We didn't order any virgin ones, so can't comment on those.

Cheers

Martin

Both now in stock, and very nice they look to!