Hastings Units - Class 201/202/203

Hugely HUGELY into these units.

Has anyone got any of these on their layouts and did you kit build it yourself or use an online bespoke service?

Would love to see if you do, and any pointers on how best to get these up and running - best kits/ best places to get one made etc... thank you!!!

Not quite a Hastings unit, but I do have a nearly completed 'tadpole class 206 unit from DC Kits (one-third of a Hastings unit plus an ex-EPB driving trailer!).

The kit plastic used is ABS so needs a strong solvent to work properly when building. I have used a Black Beetle motor bogie to power the 3-car unit.

35811806925_68dfbc6351_k.jpg

• Like 2

I've got a DC Kits Tadpole unit part built and it's going together pretty well. It all lines up nicely and looks the part. As it's a 3car unit I'm using a Tenshodo power bogie, which will move it quite happily. I've a 6car long chassis Hastings unit to build and I doubt one Tenshodo will be sufficient, so it's either a Black Beetle or use a second Tenshodo.

I've other DC Kits models in progress mainly EPB units and I like them, go together well provided one uses Butanone liquid adhesive, as far as I know it's the only stuff that will stick them. They do need care and patience to build but the end result is well worth the effort.

Not certain on the current ordering position from DC Kits though, check with Charlie Petty.

John

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Does anyone remember 'The Little Long Drag' in 1986 which I photographed at Ais Gill and Greenholme.  Note the two extra power cars at the back.

1986R21.JPG.7dad4cbef341dff867be196367da636c.JPG

1986R24.JPG.2922c73169f19b346a8410245002d205.JPG

Can't have been many occasions six  DEMUpower cars of any class were in multiple 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ColinK said:

Does anyone remember 'The Little Long Drag' in 1986 which I photographed at Ais Gill and Greenholme.  Note the two extra power cars at the back.

1986R21.JPG.7dad4cbef341dff867be196367da636c.JPG

1986R24.JPG.2922c73169f19b346a8410245002d205.JPG

IIRC the tour was called "The long thin drag".  I remember seeing it, but didn't have the opportunity to ride that one.  I did do a few other railtours by Hastings unit, including a memorable run out to Gunnislake.
THanks for posting the photos.

Edited by Phatbob