The London Festival of Railway Modelling, Ally Pally-24 to 25 March 2018

BRMExhibitions

With the show now just a few days away, we're giving visitors the chance to pre-subscribe to BRM to guarantee their free gift (which they need to collect at the show)! As an added incentive, everyone who pre-subscribes will be given a FREE ticket to next year's show!

This year we're giving new subscribers the choice of four gifts, including the following laser-cut Portable Tool Box (not including the products inside - they're Phil Parker's!). Click here to pre-subscribe and then visit the BRM stand to collect your gift!.

attachicon.gifBox4.jpg

You can also choose a BRM Workstation + A4 cutting mat...

attachicon.gif2.jpg

+ we have two Hornby locomotives for you to choose from. Click here to see which models they are!

REMEMBER, THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE YOUR FREE GIFT AND GET A FREE TICKET TO NEXT YEAR'S SHOW!

Hi Steve

Unfortunately I can't make it to the show (one year I will ;) ) but is the portable tool box a subscription gift away from the show? Looks like a very nice piece of kit.

Many thanks,

Liam

• Administrators

Hi Steve

Unfortunately I can't make it to the show (one year I will ;) ) but is the portable tool box a subscription gift away from the show? Looks like a very nice piece of kit.

Many thanks,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Yes it is. Click here.

Steve

• RMweb Gold
post-7114-0-24731800-1521745241_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-90138700-1521745297_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

The Accurascale HOP24 / HUO will be on display at Ally Pally show this weekend on the Model Rail Baseboards stand, stand no 98. Keep an eye out for our snazzy sign and drop by for a closer look!

Unfortunately Accurascale cannot make the Ally Pally show this weekend ourselves but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at info@accurascale.co.uk. We will be attending other shows this year and will confirm details soon (and Ally Pally 2019 if they let us in! :) )

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

A couple of evenings have seen Leighton Buzzard checked over, a good few faults fixed and the old layout is ready for loading in the morning. Hopefully the work done now will pay off and a few hours bouncing around in the car won't cause too many more soldered joints to break.

It will be 70 years since Peter Denny first exhibited his Buckingham layout at the MRC show and also 70 years since the first recorded public appearance of an EM gauge layout at an exhibition. Some of the locos, rolling stock and scenic features on the layout were there at that first show so all being well we will be able to show just what model railways were like in 1948.

• Like 5

Eminently sensible. It's even more sensible to come on Sunday unless you're on some kind of supermarket sweep; as with most shows it's about 60:40 across the two days and that reduction in crowds on the Sunday means you can enjoy the layouts a lot more.

And if you want to go on Sunday, don't forget to put your clocks forward on Saturday night!

• RMweb Premium

Short break at Abbey Wood campsite, which just happens to coincide with the show. Debating whether to go on Sunday when its quieter, or Saturday when I can have longer at the show as I can leave SHMBO in Central London shops all day. I wonder which of us will spend the most? I’ve got a long shopping list, but most are very small items that are unlikely to be noticed.

Bag searches? Seriously?

Why not? It's a high profile venue. Overkill for a craft fair at Little-Piddle-in-the-middle-of-nowhere Village Hall perhaps, but London or any other major show in any major city... I'd be thankful for the security.

• RMweb Premium

Why not? It's a high profile venue. Overkill for a craft fair at Little-Piddle-in-the-middle-of-nowhere Village Hall perhaps, but London or any other major show in any major city... I'd be thankful for the security.

Exactly.

Any large gathering in as big city is a tempting target for any wannabe jihadst (or other nutjob).

Will TMC have broken into the trailer in time for their announcement at 10.00?

attachicon.gifIMG_20180323_135742.jpg

Andy, I am surprised at you making such an accusation. Breaking in indeed, he's using a Yorkshire Key (Fits any door)

Sold by My Yates for £97.00 + vat. or Weathered for £130.00 +vat.. :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

To be Announced at the Show.

Edited by CUTLER2579

Can I just mention that people coming from the Marylebone direction need to be aware that Circle Line and Hammersmith and City Line are closed this weekend. I had checked my journey on National Rail Enquiries this morning and it wasn't flagged. I didn't discover until I got to Baker Street to find gates to these lines shut and a notice to that effect on them (the sign at Marylebone was tucked to one side and not very prominent as I later discovered). There are buses that can apparently be taken to Moorgate to get the GN out to the venue, but I was caught totally unprepared so turned back disappointed and frustrated.