Very nice work. I was expecting the motive power to be a BRCW type 2 - to find that it's a D40 make it's all the more impressive!

Can I ask the overall dimensions of the layout?

Thank you for your kind comment.

The scenic area is about 22' x 2'6" ish. (You can tell why I struggle to work to two decimal places!) There is a 6' fiddleyard at each end.

Regards

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have worked on the scenery from the Fraserburgh end and have now managed to progress a little further along. I am bringing the yard to a close and working on the local road past the station. 

Here are a couple of shots showing the yard and the station building;

42989143341_eef615d603_c.jpg

and close up from the coal road;

42087683955_ed14c73d47_c.jpg

Hopefully, there will be more progress during this week.

John

• Like 17

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

just a few wagons waiting to go to Peterhead.

Surely Fraserburgh?!

I like your model. I've visited Rosehearty and driven along the coast more than once to "survey" a GNoSR line without success.

I did intend to model a station on the cliff top at Gardenstown in N gauge but later changed the venue to Aberchirder between Turriff and Huntly..

Ian T

Surely Fraserburgh?!

I like your model. I've visited Rosehearty and driven along the coast more than once to "survey" a GNoSR line without success.

I did intend to model a station on the cliff top at Gardenstown in N gauge but later changed the venue to Aberchirder between Turriff and Huntly..

Ian T

Absolutely Ian. Fraserburgh would be the other end of the branch. I through these things in to see if anyone is paying attention! 

I have an Aberchirder, which I of course call Fogey in P4, but that has rather been overtaken with the 7mm bug.

Thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...