• RMweb Premium

I had missed this thread before and only learned of the layout through MRJ. What a lovely bit of modelling. Some very subtle, understated but highly effective attention to detail. I would even go as far as to say I find it inspiring. It is the sort of layout I look at and think "I would like to do something like that".

I note a reference to having stock from different periods. Would that include the pre-grouping era? That would really be something to see.

On 07/08/2021 at 10:32, Rumblestripe said:

Loved the feature in MRJ and put a link to this thread in the magazine thread.

Any chance of some video of the layout? 

Many thanks. I did try a video but at that point I hadn't set up the sound decoder on my locos, so it sounded a little strange. I really must try and do something.

John

On 07/08/2021 at 12:44, t-b-g said:

I had missed this thread before and only learned of the layout through MRJ. What a lovely bit of modelling. Some very subtle, understated but highly effective attention to detail. I would even go as far as to say I find it inspiring. It is the sort of layout I look at and think "I would like to do something like that".

I note a reference to having stock from different periods. Would that include the pre-grouping era? That would really be something to see.

Many thanks for your comments, it's much appreciated. The great thing about our hobby is that people derive pleasure/satisfaction from it in many different ways. The quiet layed-back atmosphere suits me. 

As for pre-grouping, there are a few wagons already scratch built. So it might happen. 

John

Edited by sulzer27jd
Add information
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I am particularly taken by the “spread” across pages 328-329, but I feel some of the photos that have appeared in this thread are even more inspiring, such as these:

“I can see the sea”

CB3FC753-5490-47C7-B17F-E23CA4BA8F1C.jpeg.b05083039315c04d762b77ad666da8f6.jpeg

“The railway is there, and it influences the landscape, even if you can’t actually see the track”

63A9DA03-9264-4B96-9FF7-3CBB33D7FE9E.jpeg.75c213c207ca439ce715d115ae7cf9d8.jpeg

But mostly, I enjoyed the words: about the satisfaction that came from understanding the “why”.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 08/08/2021 at 23:22, Regularity said:

I am particularly taken by the “spread” across pages 328-329, but I feel some of the photos that have appeared in this thread are even more inspiring, such as these:

“I can see the sea”

“The railway is there, and it influences the landscape, even if you can’t actually see the track”

But mostly, I enjoyed the words: about the satisfaction that came from understanding the “why”.

Thank you. The backscene was used to give a sense of place, as I wanted to locate the railway by the coast. The actual bay has the cliffs to the west rather than the east but it is really just there as an excuse to run some fish vans. As such it only ever appears in the corner of photos but here is one overlooking the end dock.

P1015911.JPG.65ad14266e08c6935c10857c1104c437.JPG

I wanted to create that feeling of being out for a walk and the railway just happened to be there. The track is sometimes quite well hidden.

Only very occasionally is the peace disturbed.

P1016007.JPG.e623fc62a8e6008e427a256b60a2b86f.JPG

Thanks again

John

Edited by sulzer27jd
replace images
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1