Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Whilst I was at the Stafford Show at the weekend, we were close the York stand and noticed not only a photo on their display stand of Orchard Road, but also a photo on their flyers! Very surprised and pleased (was going to say 'chuffed' but not appropriate for a diesel layout).

1707217490_YorkFlyer.JPG.30ca244e99dd81c141f362ebc790a436.JPG

York Poster.pdf

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 08/02/2019 at 13:37, mudmagnet said:

Whilst I was at the Stafford Show at the weekend, we were close the York stand and noticed not only a photo on their display stand of Orchard Road, but also a photo on their flyers! Very surprised and pleased (was going to say 'chuffed' but not appropriate for a diesel layout).

1707217490_YorkFlyer.JPG.30ca244e99dd81c141f362ebc790a436.JPG

York Poster.pdf 800.06 kB · 2 downloads

Well done Richard, I had the same with The Model Rail Live at the Barrow Hill Roundhouse and my Glen Roy, There was even a few large posters around on the day, about 2ft x 3ft and so I got one as a nice momentum.

I hope you have a good Show, I might even try to get there this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bump!

Not too long to the journey to York over Easter with Orchard Road.

If anyone is able to help on any of the three days, then please let me know as any assistance would be welcome. Myself and Ray looking forward to the show.

I have also been producing a few 4mm hoists, as the attached photo and these are for sale. Please PM me.

Hoist A 01.JPG

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

48 minutes ago, mudmagnet said:

Bump!

Not too long to the journey to York over Easter with Orchard Road.

If anyone is able to help on any of the three days, then please let me know as any assistance would be welcome. Myself and Ray looking forward to the show.

I have also been producing a few 4mm hoists, as the attached photo and these are for sale. Please PM me.

Hoist A 01.JPG

Looking forward to going Richard. Be a fun weekend 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A few days to before we head north. Will be checking the layout over tomorrow before getting everything together.

Please come over and say hello.

If anyone would like to have ago running the layout for awhile, then let me know.

Orchard_Road_066a.jpg

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Off to the Exeter show at the weekend with Orchard Road. Help from James on Saturday and Ray on Sunday.

Will be giving my new loco (BTH type 1 class 15) a run at some point over the weekend.

P6250021.JPG

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard 

I was hoping to get down to Exeter for the exhibition this weekend, but unfortunately clashed with a weeks holiday in Yorkshire.

Terry 

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Richard

I trust you are all well

Good to see some Orchard Road pictures after it’s long enforced holiday.

I will be taking my new small micro layout (Margaret Street)  to our members day at the clubroom in a few weeks time.

Western Region stabling point set in the mid 60s so steam and green smelly diesels.

I’ve had Camel Quay up in my modelling room for the last couple of months, during that time I’ve built a new cassette type fiddle yard ready for our Stafford exhibition next February 

Presently busy adding details to the stock and figures in readiness. for Andy York (BRM) to photograph it 

Been to few small local exhibitions over the last few weeks plus a trip to MK for the Hornby Magazine exhibition which was first class

Anyway all for now.

Terry 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Hi Richard

I trust you are all well

Good to see some Orchard Road pictures after it’s long enforced holiday.

I will be taking my new small micro layout (Margaret Street)  to our members day at the clubroom in a few weeks time.

Western Region stabling point set in the mid 60s so steam and green smelly diesels.

I’ve had Camel Quay up in my modelling room for the last couple of months, during that time I’ve built a new cassette type fiddle yard ready for our Stafford exhibition next February 

Presently busy adding details to the stock and figures in readiness. for Andy York (BRM) to photograph it 

Been to few small local exhibitions over the last few weeks plus a trip to MK for the Hornby Magazine exhibition which was first class

Anyway all for now.

Terry 

Hi Terry

I will be in touch.

Orchard Road has been boxed away for too long! Been good to get out for a 'play'.

Will catch up soon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, treggyman said:

Hi Richard

Glad to see both you & Orchard Rd are alive & well.......

I've enjoyed both seeing it in the flesh & on here & look forward to more pictures....

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill

Thanks.

I have some more wagons to get weathered and when done will make a visit to Orchard Road and I will make sure that I take my camera!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Continuing with the weathering of a few recent wagon purchases, next completed are 4 of the excellent JSA wagons from Accurascale.

Working from a couple of photos on the Paul Bartlett site (which I pay the small sum to download and save onto my home cloud so that can access easily on my tablet when working in the garage), as well as the photo on the leaflet within the Accurascale box (excellent packaging as well).

For a couple of the wagons, I dust a paler shade of blue using my airbrush onto the sides. All four wagons the airbrushed using Lifecolour paints, working from the roof downwards. Final weathering using a brush to add oil around the springs etc and rust streaks on the 'paler' bodies.

These will not be running on Orchard Road as such, but just visiting.

JSA 01.jpg

JSA 08.jpg

JSA 10.jpg

JSA 11.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3