Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

First exhibition for Orchard Road for quite a long time, even without the disruption over the last 18months or so - will be in Minehead on Saturday 30th October. I will also bring along a range of 3D resin parts to sell.

The new weathered wagons might get a run out!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I will be taking Orchard Road to three exhibitions in the next few months.

Cheltenham - 2nd / 3rd April

RMWeb Taunton - 24th April

Portsmouth RailEx - 7th / 8th May

Although I started the build in Dec 2009 (as long ago as that!) and has been exhibited quite a few times, the layout is still in very good condition. Helped in part as well protected when being stored and transported, but mainly, I guess, that for the most part is stored packed in my garage. I have over the years changed the trees and kept up with the maintenance when required, I've not made any many changes.

Up until now that is. I am in the process of changing the fuel equipment / shelter. The old Knightwing set has been removed and started adding a new hardstanding. The fuel equipment will be replaced with my own 3D printed items. Photos to follow.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Oncomin5torm said:

I wish I could see it on the circuit, sadly the ones your going to are a bit far for me, other end of the county really.

I will be buying some of your 3d printed fueling bits at some point too, I was made up to find someynibg other than bachmamm or knightwing 

Many thanks. I am looking at making up a complete kit for the refueling with shelter, equipment, fire extinguishers etc along with a detailed laser base.

I am hoping to get a few more invites to other parts of the country so may be a bit closer to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

I will be taking Orchard Road to three exhibitions in the next few months.

Cheltenham - 2nd / 3rd April

RMWeb Taunton - 24th April

Portsmouth RailEx - 7th / 8th May

Although I started the build in Dec 2009 (as long ago as that!) and has been exhibited quite a few times, the layout is still in very good condition. Helped in part as well protected when being stored and transported, but mainly, I guess, that for the most part is stored packed in my garage. I have over the years changed the trees and kept up with the maintenance when required, I've not made any many changes.

Up until now that is. I am in the process of changing the fuel equipment / shelter. The old Knightwing set has been removed and started adding a new hardstanding. The fuel equipment will be replaced with my own 3D printed items. Photos to follow.

10 Minutes drive for me now, Richard,  so should see you guys there, all being well.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mudmagnet said:

Many thanks. I am looking at making up a complete kit for the refueling with shelter, equipment, fire extinguishers etc along with a detailed laser base.

I am hoping to get a few more invites to other parts of the country so may be a bit closer to you.

I could do with some bits for my new Depot, so I'd better bring some dosh with me. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Oh that sounds like a great idea, I'll get some of your pumps and then work my own shelter, as I want it all to be removable, so I can change the theme of the depot and what it's used for 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit of progress this afternoon.

The hardstanding has been scribed and base coat of grey washed on. A few more bits to add around the track yet.

My fuel shelter positioned 'dry' (the second half of the roof to added, waiting for the printer to finish as I type this). Very pleased how the corrugations have come out on the printer. The equipment is my own 3D printed, based upon Westbury and will add a second one - I have another painted somewhere!

20220220_173934.jpg

20220220_173942.jpg

20220220_173947.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Oncomin5torm said:

Shame Its too far for me, I'd love to see Orchard Road in the flesh.

That's a shame.

Next will be at RMWEB day in Taunton then Portsmouth. 

Unfortunately nothing else booked at moment but open to offers!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I usually take my camera to an exhibition and don't often take too many photos, but this last weekend was different and had time on Sunday morning before the doors opened to take a few.

Orchard Road 260.jpg

Orchard Road 264.jpg

Orchard Road 265.jpg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• Tempfix

Very good to meet you at the Cheltenham show. Sad I didn't get more of a chance to look at Orchard Road, just a quick glance on Sunday morning and many favourable reports from my small assistant. I'd totally missed the 3d printed bits though - will have to have a nose online.

Rich

• Like 1