Lnwr Cornwall as built

3 hours ago, stephi said:

This engine fascinate me (Don't know why)  its why I want to built it :) 

I modeled one about 10 years ago for a N gauge railway, but to small , no informations  and poorly made, the next one will be better, and yet, if anymore information appear I will be able to modify it

by the way @Killian keane  I found for the first time the 0-4-0 schematic on you post  do you have more informations about this proposal ?  it look so odd with those big Wheel 

thanks

apart from it being an 1847 design attributed to one George Taylor of Leeds, I know nothing about it, as an aside the idea of slinging a boiler under the driving axle(s) falls under one of Mr Cramptons patents, and the only two being built as such to my knowledge being Cornwall and L'Aigle, the drivers are 8' diameter if you want to scale it off that

Edited by Killian keane

thank you , at least it gave me some indices :)   it could be interresting to model,  but if I decide to do this one day , I will probably make myself an inventor and imagine it as if it was built, a sort of vision of a british version of l'aigle.

I will see if I can find more information :)

• 3 months later...

this drawing was apparently published in the railway magazine in September 1918, would anybody happen to have a copy as I would be very interested to see if end elevations were included as well as the accompanying article, the original tender is a whole other mystery (the six wheeler she's currently paired with actually comes off a DX goods)

4338302029_6f0b970592_b.jpg

Edited by Killian keane