Merry Christmas!

Allegheny1600

Merry Christmas to all on here.

May you all have good tidings and I hope Santa brings you all that you wish for.

post-6892-0-32179500-1514045814_thumb.jpg

© Ulrich Budde c/o Drehscheibe Online/Bundesbahnzeit.de

Ulrich's recent posting brought me good cheer;

https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?017,8407481

The seventh photo down the page shows 01 0507 in December 1972, still running with Boxpok driving wheels, I had thought all such examples had been eliminated several years previously, now I know I could have an era IV 01.5 with Boxpoks, yay!

What a resource.

Cheers,

John.

• Like 3

The seventh photo down the page shows 01 0507 in December 1972, still running with Boxpok driving wheels, I had thought all such examples had been eliminated several years previously, now I know I could have an era IV 01.5 with Boxpoks, yay!

What a resource.

Cheers,

John.

John,

A quick flick through the 1972  EK album shows a couple of pictures of 507 with Boxpoks, but not any others.

507 was an Erfurt machine. I never went there around that time but certainly remember seeing the odd machine with Boxpoks in Berlin.

Most of the Berlin-Leipzig services were diesel at that time but I did have the odd trip behind an 01 5. They were impressive machines.

Bernard

To follow up on my last post.

507 kept it's Boxpok wheels until 1974 and 503 lasted even longer keeping them until 1976 according to the EK notes on the class.

That fits in with things as it would have most probably been in 1973/4 when I came across them when I was a regular traveller between Berlin and Leipzig.

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Fantastic information! Thank you very much indeed.

Cheers,

John.

That's OK John.

It's nice when help is appreciated.

A quick phone call to a higher authority (the brother in law in Leipzig) has come up with evidence of a photograph of 503 with Boxpoks in April 1976.

I presume it lost them at the next heavy repair after that.

That is about as close as I can get.

Bernard