It's lonely being a border watchman, anyone else from Cheltenham?

Dagworth

• RMweb Gold

Just a wonder, I've been the border watchman for SWAG for a long time now, just wondering how many other Cheltonians there are on RMweb?

Andi

May I just say, Dear Heart, that your efforts are much appreciated in terms of keeping Swagonia secure from the attempts by others to infiltrate and purchase too many of our discount pasties.

We on the Swanonian Central Committee for Public Safety understand that yours is a lonely vigil, but one that must necessarily remain so, as the Watch on our Borders must be unceasing and vigilant.

We herewith officially recognise your brave endeavours with the special award, in the Captain's Christmas Honours List, of a Special Badge of Merit for your dedication to our cause, which you can trade at any reputable curry house for two portions of vindaloo or similar.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

live south of gloucester now in hardwicke.....but i do work in cheltenham :)

A noble calling, no doubt.

You are most welcome to spell the esteemed Dagworth on the afternoon and night watches, or at the very least keep our vigilant sentry supplied with curries.

I had digs and later a flat in Cheltenham in the early to mid 60s whilst working at Stoke Orchard near Bishops Cleeve. Relocated to Clevedon in1968 and still in the same house all these years later!

• 1 month later...