• RMweb Gold

Enjoyed the show today and met lots of people! We’re just spectators this year but the samples of our HUO/HOP24 are in the Rails cabinet and also on the Scalefour stand, with the 3D print in the locomotion cabinet after the announcement of their commission. We’re back for another look round tomorrow before flying back to Dublin at lunchtime and we return next year as exhibitors.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Thoroughly enjoyable day yesterday. It was great to see both Hattons and Rails coming to the show for the first time. Announcements on the Bachmann stand at 10.30am of what turned out to be 2 major new steam age locos - Rail's Caledonian/LMS/BR class 812 0-6-0 and TMC's NER/LNER/BR G5 0-4-4T - made Model Rail Scotland 2018 rather special.

There was a very good trade presence - I spent more than I had expected - and, as noted above, there were lovely layouts. I was delighted to see Canada Street in the flesh, having drooled over the fabulous old brick canal-side warehouses on the pages of Model Railway Journal. I enjoyed Campo de Leste from the Alentejo region of Portugal - having been there, I never expected to see a model railway from there .... by British modellers! Dalby Wood has a superb selection of trains from the GWR, LMS and LNER regions. But it is a bit unfair to single out a few, when there were so many excellent layouts.

Well done to the AMRSS and everyone involved.

John Storey

A very good show and worth getting up in the early hours to travel ,met some interesting people thank you for telling me about the Portugese layout which was superb.Very glad that Petite Properties were there as I like building their products and the different socities were interesting to browse  difficult tpo pivk out a layout as best they were all worthy of the show ,thanks for another good day out. 

• Like 1

Despite being loaded with a bad cold, thought the show was excellent this year, some really good layouts, particularly liked Aberdeen Kirkhill and Coppell.  The floor layout was good, plenty space to avoid getting "rucksacked as usual"  Good selection of traders, although was surprised to see Hattons only had a display ?.......but Rails certainly made up for that..........bummer with having to wait in the bitter cold at Glas QS to get back home due to a broken down train causing delays......but a good day out never the less.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great show. Thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's visit with some super layouts on display. So good that, even though I was there for a good while, I missed some layouts and didn't give some others the time they deserved.

Well done to all concerned......

....... but blimey, that ink on the pass out stamp is good stuff. It will do for next year at this rate.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

First trip to show in a while. Think was a mistake going on the Saturday as so many kids there, which is good for the hobby but not for viewing layouts. Good selection of traders. Wasn't particularly wowed by the layouts but the Portuguese and the WW1 layouts were very interesting as was seeing one that was work in progress. Rest were good.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

First trip to show in a while. Think was a mistake going on the Saturday as so many kids there, which is good for the hobby but not for viewing layouts. Good selection of traders. Wasn't particularly wowed by the layouts but the Portuguese and the WW1 layouts were very interesting as was seeing one that was work in progress. Rest were good.

I went yesterday which in hindsight was a mistake as it was far too busy.  I joined the queue to pay when it was almost backed down to the other entrance by the clyde bar.   Once inside it was 3 deep to view most of the layouts.  Like Barney I wasn't wowed by many of the layouts - I've a strong preference for steam and longer runs so really, only Dalby Wood and a couple of others filled my needs.  There did seem to be quite a few layouts where nothing was going on for ages and a handful where poor running was the order of the day.   Did manage to have a pleasant chat with Tony Wright though. 

• Like 1

Newest purchase from the show - 156467 First ScotRail seen on Callander. My layout has a topic for it [url=http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131609-callander-oo-gauge-2014-first-scotrail/%5Battachment=969966:image.jpg%5D]http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131609-callander-oo-gauge-2014-first-scotrail/

post-33805-0-02313800-1519504981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Callander - ScotRail OO Gauge
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to say a very heartfelt "Thank You" to those who kindly voted for Model Rail Scotland in the BRM Awards Best Model Railway Show category. This resulted in our show coming third in the rankings behind first prize winners Warley and second prize winner the London Festival of Railway Modelling. Also, our congratulations to our friends at Warley who were worthy winners. 

Archie

• Like 1

I went to the show on Friday and wondered where on earth the time went!  Many outstanding layouts but if I had to have a vote on the one that held my interest for the longest time it had to be Coppell, thoroughly enjoyable.  Also filled my bag with just about everything on my shopping list.

Well done to the organisers and exhibitors, looking forward to next year already.

Jim

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Last of a very tiring but enjoyable three days at Model Rail Scotland.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the AMRSS for putting on the show.

For those that can't make it here's a link to a short video showing the Revolution Trains stand...

https://www.facebook.com/ngaugependolino/videos/1927743637446155/

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hello all,

Last of a very tiring but enjoyable three days at Model Rail Scotland.

Hope you've had a good show. You & Mike were probably the only guys I never got round to saying hello to. Everytime I passed by you were busy gassing to other folk.

It would have been my usual conversation though, telling you guys to upscale those 320's into OO scale ;)

Saturday was incredibly busy (= successful). Crowds di3d away sometime after 4, by which point I was too tired to investigate the traders. Exhibitors seemed pretty drained by that point too. On the important statistics (as compiled by my children) there were many diesels, no A4s, a single turntable (!! what are things coming to!), a last - minute Garrett and a Big Boy or two.

Hope you've had a good show. You & Mike were probably the only guys I never got round to saying hello to. Everytime I passed by you were busy gassing to other folk.

It would have been my usual conversation though, telling you guys to upscale those 320's into OO scale ;)

I need a SPT Carmine 320 for Callander, I’ve been thinking of electric traction.

I didn't think Saturday was busy as i've seen it in other years. in my experience always dies down for the last couple of hours :-)

Nice to see more layouts with catenary appearing :-).

Took my 6 year old for his first visit - i'm sure we saw all the layouts though his no stop questions probably distracted me from seeing many finer points. At least he's interested. :-)

• RMweb Premium

Saturday was incredibly busy (= successful). Crowds di3d away sometime after 4, by which point I was too tired to investigate the traders. Exhibitors seemed pretty drained by that point too. On the important statistics (as compiled by my children) there were many diesels, no A4s, a single turntable (!! what are things coming to!), a last - minute Garrett and a Big Boy or two.

Ahh you clearly missed the A4 on the Ayr layout pulling an excursion. I think it was a Dapol Black Label one as it had steam . Interesting to see it .

Both days were busy but I found it easier getting around on the Saturday rather than the Friday . A good few layouts looked to be operating better on the Saturday probably because the bugs got sorted out.

What amazed me was that Aberdeen Kirkhill seemed only to have two people running it , very impressive running for such a large layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ahh you clearly missed the A4 on the Ayr layout pulling an excursion. I think it was a Dapol Black Label one as it had steam . Interesting to see it .

It was more interesting to see how they got it re-steaming after it had stopped lol.

• RMweb Premium

I had an enjoyable 3 days helping Dave on Friday Bridge. I managed to break on of the two points, successfully had it repaired by the time the public were let in on Saturday. Dropped, broke and repaired the same wagon twice.  :scared:   Knocked all sorts of stuff off the stock table, but not the pot of All Sorts, but ate quite a few of them. :nono:  Dave is trusting me with the layout at Alley Pally on my own in a few weeks time. :sungum:

I met loads of people who have only been names on here and the DEMU forum, that was great. :sungum:

I managed to get lost in Glasgow getting to the venue and on the way home. :dontknow:

• Like 1