• RMweb Premium

Flawlessly Nicholas! The bit Clive broke was the wire from the tortoise up to the tie bar on the point! The top of it was biffing the cowcatcher on the shunter. Clive cut it down too far, not an insurmountable problem.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

It would have been hadn't Squires selling piano wire, they also helped with plastic card to adapt Dave's loco chassis to fit my loco bodies, and plastic cement so I could repair the wagon I dropped,.......... twice.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

I must congratulate the organisers for another cracking show, ,loved Aberdeen Kirkwall and even managed a bargain from rails. Managed to get a Waverley for a friend and one for myself.

Just one obersvation and in no way an criticism was that model rail magazine were absent. But I’m guessing it’s a long way to come for them all.

Already looking forward to next year.

• RMweb Premium

Oh, Hornby Magazine, Rialway Modeller and Rail Express were all there. The first 2 had substantial stands (RM as part of a wider Peco stand). I thought Model Rail was going to be there (they have been for a number of years) but I realised after I left that I hadn't seen them, and they aren't listed in the show programme.

John Storey

Well it's back to normality at work after 5 days away and 3 days in Scotland.

I would just like to say that it was an absolute pleasure to attend Model Rail Scotland. There were a considerable number of people interested in the layout which, for the first time in the extended form, ran like a dream.

I felt that there was a very good trade selection and also some very interesting layouts so, all in all, a great show to attend.

Plus the fact that we got 2nd place for best non-affiliated layout, we will have to try harder next time.

Finally there were some excellent meals to be had in Glasgow in the evening, a very enjoyable weekend all round.

• Like 5

Very much enjoyed Kirkhill and Canada Street. Had a good crack with one of the latter’s esteemed operators about the providence of the buildings and that rather superb drag of grains you were operating.

Aye, Canada Street was the layout I was especially looking forward to seeing and it delivered inspiration in spades, gents. Thanks for bringing it.

D4

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just a quick note of thanks to the organisers and everyone who was part of this years show and all those who took the time to visit the Hatton's stand over the weekend. We had a fantastic three days showcasing our upcoming releases and discussing exciting ideas for the future, as well as meeting our customers who we don't usually get chance to chat to in person.

Thanks also to Ian, Colin, Mike, Dougie and the rest of the team who put so much work into making the show go without a hitch, and all the other traders and exhibitors who made us feel so welcome at our first exhibition of 2018.

Overall it made the experience one to remember and we can't wait to be back in 2019.

Cheers,

Dave (and the rest of the team at Hatton's)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,[/size]

Just a quick note of thanks to the organisers and everyone who was part of this years show and all those who took the time to visit the Hatton's stand over the weekend. We had a fantastic three days showcasing our upcoming releases and discussing exciting ideas for the future, as well as meeting our customers who we don't usually get chance to chat to in person.[/size]

Thanks also to Ian, Colin, Mike, Dougie and the rest of the team who put so much work into making the show go without a hitch, and all the other traders and exhibitors who made us feel so welcome at our first exhibition of 2018.[/size]

Overall it made the experience one to remember and we can't wait to be back in 2019.[/size]

Cheers,[/size]

Dave (and the rest of the team at Hatton's)[/size]

It was good to see the models on display. As a result order placed yesterday ! Great that Hattons thought it was worthwhile making trip north. It looked to me as if it was as busy as ever , if not the busiest I've seen it , so hopefully its a financial success for AMRSS and proof that theres a lot of interest up here in Model Railways.

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Premium

Plus the fact that we got 2nd place for best non-affiliated layout, we will have to try harder next time.

Congratulations. It was a great layout.

Is there a list somewhere of all the variouscompetition winners?. I've missed it if it's already been posted in this thread. Going back to the old McLellan Galleries days, there used to be a display cabinet up on the balcony  with all the various trophies along with various competition entries of scratchbuilt models.

Back in the early 80's I was once the proud winner of the McMillan Cup, awarded to the under 16 junior modeller, for my conversion of a Lima 33 to a Class 26.

• Like 1

Canada Street is something else, that cantilevered lighting board allowing you uninterrupted views of the corner, then I noticed some of the buildings had full detail on the rear where most people would probably not even look!

Sadly I didn't really enjoy it as much as last year due to poor health but there was nothing the organisers could do about that!