Hello

Thank-you Michael. See you in a few weeks time. By the way has the leaky roof been fixed?

Cheers

George

Hello

Thanks for the kind words Eddie look forward to seeing you. The layout  is different from when you last saw it. Not scenically but operationally.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Gold

This year we have something new and we hope you like it.

There will be a Vintage Bus service to link Glasgow City Centre with Model Rail Scotland 2018

We are going to run a FREE vintage bus service from George Square (Queen Street), stopping at Central Station, SEC hall 3 (outside our event door) then onto the Riverside Museum.
The Bus will then run the return journey.
Bus will depart George Square on the Hour from 10:00 each morning until 16:00.
xx:00 - Depart George Square (Bus stop outside George house)
xx:05 - Central Station(Bus Stop on union Street)
xx:15 - SEC - Model Rail Scotland Hall 3
xx:20 - Riverside

Bus will depart Riverside on the Half hour from 10:30 each morning until 16:30
xx:30 Depart Riverside
xx:35 SEC - Model Rail Scotland Hall 3
xx:45 Central Station Bus stop on Argyle Street
xx:50 George Square

So if you visit the show we are not only making it easier to pop along to the Riverside Museum, but you have an easy link from the door outside hall 3 to both Central And Queen Street Railway stations reducing the walking to save your legs for walking around the show.

Please see the routes which mark the bus stops.

All times are subject to change without notice

post-14517-0-33037600-1515961015_thumb.jpg

post-14517-0-63339100-1515961030_thumb.jpg

post-14517-0-65672400-1515961048_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

A big thank you to the 'Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust' at Bridgeton bus garage who have provided this magnificent AEC for our visitors.

Anyone interested in heritage transport should consider visiting the garage on one of their many open days and sample going back in time as you wander amongst the magnificent collection housed there.

On these open days they also run a free vintage bus service from George Square so no excuses plus there's the home baking in the Clippies Cafe!

The exhibition is more or less finalised with an exceptional line up of layouts traders and demos so promises to be another great show.

Looking forward to meeting friends old and new.

Dave.

• Like 2

Looking forward to bringing Campo De Leste (Eastfield) a taste of hot and sunny inland Portugal to a cold and wet (??) Glasgow! A very unique fleet of sound fitted diesels await you. You won't miss the team in their Comboios de Portugal orange polo shirts.

post-657-0-26607600-1515999572_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-85680000-1515999601_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-21257600-1515999610_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-83954700-1515999622_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-48774500-1515999631_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-61843200-1515999639_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Great idea with the bus - that is free transport all the way, bus pass into town and free bus to the SECC!!  One question, which bus stop will it use in Union Street, there are two or three close together and it can be a struggle to work out which one the bus you are wanting is going to use.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

I am also looking forward to my annual trip to Model Rail Scotland with my Western Region1960s layout Chebstone.

I will be running two running sequences one being BR steam traction and the other being early green diesels.

The layout operates to a sequence and is DCC powered with all stock fitted with sound.

Hope the trip up from Stafford will be less eventful than last year with all the gale force wind and roads blocked.

All for now.

Eltel

Chebstone will also will also be appearing at our own exhibition at Stafford on 3rd & 4th February.

post-2180-0-69660300-1516010664_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-03179200-1516010704_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Opening Ceremony

Juliet Donahue - Network Rail Waverley Station Manger (pictured middle) Will cut the ribbon to open the show on Friday 23rd Feb.

Picture taken when our model of 47708 'Waverley' was taken on a guided tour of Waverley Station by Colin Rae (pictured left - Publicity Manger for MRS) and Mike Evans (pictured right - Assistant Publicity Manager for MRS and CIS Network Rail Operator at Waverley)

Models can be purchased beside stand 1 during the show - £160

24862327_1777742862238868_19187552513509
  • Like 6

Long range weather forecasts for third week in February for West of Scotland ..its to be a fine weekend!

We are considering substituting the free classic bus service with one of her open topped sisters.

Dont forget to check out the Bachmann limited edition 47/7s..the accompanying Scotrail DBSO will be available later but of course by that time the 47/7s will be gone.

post-2371-0-73787700-1516409669_thumb.jpg

No trainset this year but will be manning a demo stand so look forward to meeting some old friends.

Dave.

Edited by vitalspark
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

An open topped bus in Glasgow in February , that really is optimism. Having just traversed the M74 in the snow yesterday I’m hoping for good weather , but I’d check the weather the day before!

• Like 1

An open topped bus in Glasgow in February , that really is optimism. Having just traversed the M74 in the snow yesterday I’m hoping for good weather , but I’d check the weather the day before!

My last trip on the M74 was in good weather and it's a flipping awful surface, snow might actually improve the ride.

Anyway, I've got Advance rail tickets for £35 which makes it a no brainer when it comes to the mode of transport, £80+ for an off peak return would have been a no to the trip and it's a long drive from the Northwest on your own

• Like 1

Just back from the show pre meeting with the guys and everything organised and in place..well it looked that way to me!

Also had my first look at the 47/7 which I have to say has been done very nicely indeed.

I will have mine with the supplied detailing pack fitted and lightly weathered on our demo stand ..the one with the blue 'Alloa' totem.

I hope to show that a light weathering can be achieved very easily and without resorting to airbrushing by doing such on my own model.

So please come along and have a look and a chat and hopefully we will also have our resident master weatherer Mad McCann to hand to answer any queries for the more complex jobs.

Dave.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Not the greatest of pics but as another one of our organising team vitalspark says above they're here, this particular one will be available for closer inspection at Bonnybridge MRC's "Allanbridge" layout at Stafford in a few weeks time.

post-291-0-88104000-1516569981_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-06660300-1516569992_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-12452600-1516570004_thumb.jpg

It's been very nicely done indeed, full detail pack and etched nameplates included!

Craig

• Like 3

Comprehensive detailing pack included but the 47/7s were from memory not fitted with the mini ploughs unless the odd one was for working the Highland lines.

With the pipework supplied the front end is highly detailed anyway and leaving the ploughs off certainly does not detract from this.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Comprehensive detailing pack included but the 47/7s were from memory not fitted with the mini ploughs unless the odd one was for working the Highland lines.

With the pipework supplied the front end is highly detailed anyway and leaving the ploughs off certainly does not detract from this.

Dave.

Yeah, the ploughs are part of the standard detailing pack, they'll be put to use elsewhere!

• Like 1