Shapeways - Misleading advert in BRM?

• RMweb Premium

The latest BRM (February 2018) has an advert for Shapeways on page 104, offering "15% off when you 3D print your own models" using code BRMSW. I thought it was excellent timing, as I've just started a project which will involve a lot of 3D printing, and I've got lots to order from there over the next couple of months.

So on 30th December I ordered a print to test how a particular part would come out, and if my idea would work. I've just come to order another test print of another aspect of it, and the code now won't work. Is the above code just a one-use code? If so, the advert is very misleading, as the only condition listed is that the code is valid until the end of march. Nowhere does it state you can only use it once!

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Jonathan

• RMweb Premium

The latest BRM (February 2018) has an advert for Shapeways on page 104, offering "15% off when you 3D print your own models" using code BRMSW. I thought it was excellent timing, as I've just started a project which will involve a lot of 3D printing, and I've got lots to order from there over the next couple of months.

So on 30th December I ordered a print to test how a particular part would come out, and if my idea would work. I've just come to order another test print of another aspect of it, and the code now won't work. Is the above code just a one-use code? If so, the advert is very misleading, as the only condition listed is that the code is valid until the end of march. Nowhere does it state you can only use it once!

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Jonathan

Have you tried contacting Shapeways directly?

Cheers,

Mick

The code is, I think , a BRM magazine special one, a bit like the intro-a friend one. Special offers from Shapeways specifically, tend to be limited to 3 uses maximum. I might be worth talking to BRM themselves.

There was a thread here a while back from Shapeways asking for photos of  railway items. I think it said BRM had approached them. I find the advert a bit bland, and would have expected more examples of work. 

I have found that you sometimes get items cheaper using the delayed order option than using the special offers. Normally I find this does not actually take much longer, but my last order got caught up in Christmas and New Year, following on from what was probably a busy time because of the Black Friday/Monday offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Apologies for not updating this earlier. After several e-mails from Shapeways customer service explaining that they were trying to identify the problem, I finally got one on the 15th:

Thank you so much for your patience.  My colleagues informed me this was a glitch and you should be able to now use this code more than once until the 31st of March. 

So yes, it is now working correctly.