Bachmann announcements 2018 - full list

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Great to see some new Bulleid coaches, especially the shallow window versions. But what’s with now both Bachmann and Hornby (Maunsells) prioritising Crimson and Cream as the BR livery on Southern coaches. I know we’ll get them in the end, but why not a bigger range of BR(S) Green versions among the initial releases? And I agree with others that a Diag. 2405 “loose” BCK would have been nice.

Otherwise I think the range seems reasonably balenced. Let’s hope Bachmann can bring down the time from announcement to delivery, which is some ways is as important as what they’ve actually announced.

D2406 is the true Loose Brake.

• RMweb Premium

Massive roof ribs on Mk1s were done away with a few years ago...

I think what Mel_H is getting at is that the tooling used for the INITAL batch of designs has not been revised to remove the roof ribs.

Later designs / varients - (e.g. the RMB) lack the ribs because Bachmann designed the tooling not to have them.

To remove the ribs from the likes of the CK requires Bachmann to go back and alter the tooling, which takes time that could better be employed on working on new releases.

I think what Mel_H is getting at is that the tooling used for the INITAL batch of designs has not been revised to remove the roof ribs.

Later designs / varients - (e.g. the RMB) lack the ribs because Bachmann designed the tooling not to have them.

To remove the ribs from the likes of the CK requires Bachmann to go back and alter the tooling, which takes time that could better be employed on working on new releases.

They have redone the roofs on some of the early types. I have seen the RU without ribs and I have BGs, BSKs and a few others without ribs. I forget which types they have gone back to but it may be all of them by now.

Website needs correcting.  The description of the Mk2f coaches has been Inter City from day one as also confirmed in their library photos but the recently revealed livery samples of the FO and BSO represent the earlier Inter City Executive livery.  Probably a bit better in fact as the two were more closely timed and better for running mixed rakes with the also released blue/grey.

Edited by ThaneofFife

Good grief- something for me...

J72 at EP stage.

That will tax the wallet, especially if there is more than one version to play with...

All I need now is Hornby to bring out something like a Peckett 0-6-0ST to go with the 0-4-0.....

Les

From Andy's list

ARTWORK STAGE

Our artwork department are currently working on the following items

H1 Class Atlantic

LBSCR H2 Class 4-4-2

anyone noticed this, is there a H2 in LBSCR livery coming ???

I suspect that it means an LBSCR H2 Class, the LBSCR referring to the H2 and not the livery. I’d be happy to be wrong. I dare say that an H2 in LBSCR livery will appear at some stage or other. If it happened to be a Collectors’s Club item, it wouldn’t be mentioned until shortly before it’s available.

Appropriate- if it hits the shops in 2018. (Cue the tired old joke about Bachmann lead times). 

That's different, but not for me sadly.  I'm Directored-out, I've got four of them of different flavours (Butler Henderson ltd edition, Mons, Somme Model Rail ltd edition and the GBL knock-off as Gerard Powys Dewhurst). so I'm out.  The J11 in GC condition on the other hand- I'd have had two or three of them. 

I buy anything in GC livery Zeebrugge was unexpected ,Mons ,Butler Henderson and now this please make something for them to pull ! J11 i would have another 2 of them .I have pre ordered the ROD and 4 of the Wagons with WW1 sheeted tank and LBSCR railway H1 in umber wow thats stunning,My GC pre grouping fix has been satisfied and after buying Mons and the Birdcage coaches my pocket is suffering ,but i will pay for pre group stuff but we desparately need something to pull .Scenecraft was a dissapointment for me though. 

Going over the list of buildings I’m guessing we are getting a fish and chip shop. And it did make me laugh with the name “in COD we trust”. I’m gonna get one just for name. It’s probaly the wrong period etc but with a name like that I don’t really care.

Big James