• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Sets shown by GM are advertised as numbered and that is helpful. However I'd be very happy with unbranded stock too as it is so easy to number up and Set number the Sets as required, within the ranges.  Even just no set Numbers would be OK with me or just paint the existing ones out. All part of the fun innit?

P

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, RFS said:

How does the green look on the BR versions? Seems to be still the very dark green as on the last batch of original coaches.

From Graham Muz website ;

"...    2 coach ‘R’ set (BTK-BCK) 69 from range 63 – 75 with 10″ window vents in BR Green livery (a much better rendition of the colour by Bachmann, that I understand will become their new standard for their BR(s) green) with side strengthening ribs  ..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, phil gollin said:

From Graham Muz website ;

"...    2 coach ‘R’ set (BTK-BCK) 69 from range 63 – 75 with 10″ window vents in BR Green livery (a much better rendition of the colour by Bachmann, that I understand will become their new standard for their BR(s) green) with side strengthening ribs  ..."

Sorry, should have posted a link to Graham Muz's blog ;

https://southern-railway.com/

• Thanks 1

A couple of interesting photos I’ve seen recently to whet the appetite.

First is a mixed green/crimson & cream 5-coach set on a West of England service. The set had presumably been reduced to three, and then reconstituted with original vehicles painted out of sequence, or with vehicles which originally belonged to another set (on closer inspection, the window vents are different sizes, so I think it’s a case of two different sets being combined):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYdFOjzIMtW

Second is a c&c ‘R’ set on a Wadebridge-Bodmin working behind 30200. This mightn’t be news to anyone else but I didn’t realise Bulleid sets appeared on these workings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZt1gffNfFg

Neither is directly replicable with the livery releases in Bachman’s upcoming selection of models, but hopefully of interest nonetheless. 

• Like 4

The first pic can't be 6 Jan 1957 because 30449 lost its Drummond watercart tender for a Urie tender in November  1955.

Set 829 was a 3-set built by BRC&W hence the shallower windows/higher waist line of the three green coaches compared to Eastleigh built coaches'  Like many 3-sets it would be made up to 5 with 2 Bulleid TKs (ie the two red & cream Bulleids which Bachmann are bringing out idc) for the Summer timetable (June to September).  I therefore doubt that the photo was taken in January as I would expect set 829 to revert to 3 coaches between September and June.

2-sets 'R' were, obviously, not unknown on the Bodmin branch but a rare event I believe.

Chris KT

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Paul.Uni said:

https://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2022/02/bringing-the-bulleids-to-life

RRP of the individual carriages of £74.95 been added to the Bachman website

Quite a pleasant surprise, IMHO...

I may revise my quantity on pre-order upwards, though my instinct is to wait for the 3/5-set in BR green.

Hopefully, Bachmann will extend the range to include the loose BCK diagram in due course.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

https://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2022/02/bringing-the-bulleids-to-life

RRP of the individual carriages of £74.95 been added to the Bachman website

That is surprising and very good news. Should put the retail price at around £63 per coach, where 15% discount is offered. I have 6 on order, from the week they were announced - a long wait.

Bachmann appear to be persisting with the battle-ship sized "Rivets" around the main-lights' sliding vents, both 10 1/4" and 15" types. Prototypically these are, in fact, 1/4"Dia. dome / round headed screws, barely discernible in model form.

Regards,

Rivet Counters Anonymous Inc.

ScannedImage-9 (2) (2015_07_25 17_17_10 UTC).jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 04/02/2022 at 12:17, Phatbob said:

Disturbing lack of set numbers on the brake ends if these are the final decoration samples. :unsure:

On 04/02/2022 at 12:38, Graham_Muz said:

It's odd that Bachmann's other decorated samples DO show the set numbers whereas the BR Green 34-726/34-800 are only stated as making up set 69. Although the catalogue image of the prototype shows the set number 69, will they be on the models or not? Do you know Graham because if not time to write to Bachmann...

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

It's odd that Bachmann's other decorated samples DO show the set numbers whereas the BR Green 34-726/34-800 are only stated as making up set 69. Although the catalogue image of the prototype shows the set number 69, will they be on the models or not? Do you know Graham because if not time to write to Bachmann...

Bachmann are aware. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ceptic said:

Bachmann appear to be persisting with the battle-ship sized "Rivets" around the main-lights' sliding vents, both 10 1/4" and 15" types. Prototypically these are, in fact, 1/4"Dia. dome / round headed screws, barely discernible in model form.

Regards,

Rivet Counters Anonymous Inc.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.  Although I suspect it is now far to late for any changes to be made.

Edited by bude_branch

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, trevor7598 said:

Looking good. Not sure about P1310605.JPG.5f633b487e72bd569cf2d04aa057eded.JPGthe white glass protectors in the brake doors, black perhaps?.

Probably white when new new.  Probably more of an orangy brown/brown black once in service?