Tweezers

The Lady Wife having pinched my one and only pair of expensive Swiss tweezers to sort out her sewing machine and having knackered them whilst so doing, I found myself in need of a new pair.  And while searching online for something similar at a sensible price, I noticed ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Set-6-Precision-Tweezers-Epoxy-Coated-Watchmakers-Jewellers-Non-Magnetic/131707336758?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

"Hah!" thinks I.  "Can't be any good."  But I was in a silly mood, so I ventured £2.98.  Two days later, I have a set of 6 tweezers, and very nice they are too.  I'd have been delighted with any one of them for £2.98 post paid, but all six for that price is just plain silly.  So ... if you could do with a decent pair of tweezers without breaking the bank, these come very highly recommended! :)

Odd question, but how big was the package. I'm away from midweek and dont really want them hanging round the post office, if it's a padded envelope then it wont be a problem. If I stick them on the "watch list" along with the 50 odd other watched items, I'll forget after a week on the vino collapso!

Odd question, but how big was the package.

Less than A5 and thin enough to go through any letterbox.  They're packed in a ziploc-type bag which is in an ordinary grey plastic mailing bag.  All six have proper push-on plastic caps to protect the points - and those stay on properly!

And no, unfortunately I'm not on commission ...

Edited by spikey

I was amused to see my "Receipt for your PayPal payment to 官晓兰" and thought "that's easy for you to say"...

I shouldn't really be surprised, should I? They look like a quality item, so couldn't really care less about the origin!

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

Edited by Pete 75C

I was amused to see my "Receipt for your PayPal payment to 官晓兰" and thought "that's easy for you to say"...

I shouldn't really be surprised, should I?

Nope, mine was the same.  I've given up being surprised by anything like that.  Only yesterday, a cheery Balkans-type chappie in his Yodel van delivered a small package containing the ten empty plastic bottles I'd ordered off Ebay for £2.60 post paid only three working days ago.  Return address was in China, but they certainly didn't come from outside the UK ...

Edited by spikey

I always look for other useful items that can be combined with cheap orders like this and I'm amazed at the random items that appear on eBay sellers lists.

I'm sure there's a few on here that could use the "Dancer Dance Belly Wrap Skirt Costume Sequins Tassel Fringe Hip Scarf Belt Waist" to go with their tweezers.

There are a large number of sellers here in the UK who act as shipping agents on commission. The transactiion looks like China or Hong kong but the item will be held in the UK. I met someone here who made a living doing this as the shipping agent, he would receive several hundred books at a time to list. My understanding was even the books were sourced from within the UK, from publishers, bancruptcy auctions etc by someone in Hong Kong. The whole international affair run from a shoebox office and a laptop.

Ordered my set to. Hi Phil, thanks again for pointing me in the direction of Narrow Planet for my GWR Hercules build.

Only yesterday, a cheery Balkans-type chappie in his Yodel van delivered a small package containing the ten empty plastic bottles I'd ordered off Ebay for £2.60 post paid only three working days ago. 

Spikey please can you tell me the item number for those bottles. I have been looking for some for a while but can not find anything suitable. Thanks in advance..

Ordered my set to. Hi Phil, thanks again for pointing me in the direction of Narrow Planet for my GWR Hercules build.

Spikey please can you tell me the item number for those bottles. I have been looking for some for a while but can not find anything suitable. Thanks in advance..

It was 182327066747 and I see they're now £2.79 for 10 posted!