Northumbrian Painting Services - BR blue period figures

Mike Storey

I have just obtained a set of painted 00 driver figures from this firm, in BR corporate uniforms and some in short-bib, yellow vests, very suitable for the 1970's and early 1980's. Some of the standing figures could equally be used for station staff or shunters.

There are almost no other such figures on the market currently.

The prices are reasonable and the service excellent - from payment to Hexham to delivery in France within a matter of days. The figures are far better in the hand than they appear in their pictures on their website. I have no connection other than as a very satisfied customer, and am sharing for those who have been looking for the same thing as me.

They also do steam era figures.

See them for yourself at www.paintinghistory.co.uk

• RMweb Premium

I have some of their figures for an earlier period - 'steam era' as Mike puts it. The figures I have are very suitable for the 1950s, and are wonderful characters - they cry out for Christian names! Like Mike, I'm a satisfied customer - just happened to pick some up at a stand at Model Rail Scotland last year.

As far as I know, Mike, we aren't related!

John Storey

• Like 1

I have some of their figures for an earlier period - 'steam era' as Mike puts it. The figures I have are very suitable for the 1950s, and are wonderful characters - they cry out for Christian names! Like Mike, I'm a satisfied customer - just happened to pick some up at a stand at Model Rail Scotland last year.

As far as I know, Mike, we aren't related!

John Storey

I am afraid I think we might be.....my bro did a lot of family ancestry research some years back, and it turns out that our paternal ancients were lead miners in 17C Scotland!

I have just obtained a set of painted 00 driver figures from this firm, in BR corporate uniforms and some in short-bib, yellow vests, very suitable for the 1970's and early 1980's. Some of the standing figures could equally be used for station staff or shunters.

There are almost no other such figures on the market currently.

The prices are reasonable and the service excellent - from payment to Hexham to delivery in France within a matter of days. The figures are far better in the hand than they appear in their pictures on their website. I have no connection other than as a very satisfied customer, and am sharing for those who have been looking for the same thing as me.

They also do steam era figures.

See them for yourself at www.paintinghistory.co.uk

Hi Mike

Thanks for this info. I agree that there is a shortage of decent BR driver/crew figures. I've got a couple of Langley drivers but I'm looking for something a bit better for my Dapol class 122 and I did look at the Northumbrian figures but the website probably doesn't do them justice. I think I'll order a few drivers as they are very good value for money.

Cheers

Max

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m having trouble with their site and consequently unable to view/order figures at this time.

Anyone have photos of the finished product?

D4

See if this link works for you? https://www.paintinghistory.co.uk/product-page/oo-gauge-driver-second-man-guard

If you manage to access it, it allows a very close up view of the painted figures. But, to be honest, the pics do not do them justice - they are much more impressive in the flesh. Well worth a punt if you are interested.