New Kernow Hornby limited editions..

adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Had a running session, at last, with my upgraded MK1 FO Intercity charter set and 50007 today...

As you can see I play trains, rather than do scenery.. I just don’t have the time for scenery so I just have fun.

post-20773-0-36671100-1529181628_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-64325400-1529181641_thumb.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

I had two e-mails today to tell me that my Golden Ochre Cl31 has been despatched... a BOGOFF???

Edit: and just the one arrived today, less than 24 hours later, Royal Mail standard delivery no less! She's a beauty.

Edited by Pint of Adnams

• RMweb Gold

I wish Hornby would do more 31’s...

post-20773-0-91758500-1529681823_thumb.jpeg

I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves, but to my eye, the orange looks pretty on, the finish is a matt/satin which to me again makes it look fantastic.post-20773-0-36639100-1529681878_thumb.jpeg

The details on this and the sunlight really makes this look the nuts.post-20773-0-94678200-1529681885_thumb.jpeg

Parts bag for detailing the coupling end are in the box.post-20773-0-05060200-1529681895_thumb.jpeg

Really needs some maroon stock to finish the job, very very nice.

post-20773-0-37281200-1529681905_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-92064000-1529681916_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-67360600-1529681926_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-41020900-1529682012_thumb.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

No blue star coupling code? I'm sure that was added before 4-character blinds were used (and before anybody starts on use of discs, the blinds were only used as 3 character in early days).

Nice model though.

Stewart

That's correct - no blue stars. The Colour Rail photograph on the limited edition certificate does not show any nor do any of the images that I could find on the web of the original locomotive.

I don't have any books specifically on the subject of the Brush Type 2/Cl30/Cl31 but on looking through Dr Allen's 'Diesels in East Anglia' the coupling code was absent or rare on all types of diesel locomotive illustrated before the application of the small yellow warning panels and very hit and miss afterwards.

Recieved my RTC 31 yestereday and it looks the business apart from 1 thing.

The tail lights on each end light up white when running forward. now i didint think they were suppose to do this so was wondering if they had been modified by the RTC on the real 97204.

if not i can easy rectify this when i take it apart to add sound chip. but it does look a little strange.

Thank for any help

Gareth

• RMweb Premium

Recieved my RTC 31 yestereday and it looks the business apart from 1 thing.

The tail lights on each end light up white when running forward. now i didint think they were suppose to do this so was wondering if they had been modified by the RTC on the real 97204.

if not i can easy rectify this when i take it apart to add sound chip. but it does look a little strange.

Thank for any help

Gareth

My class 50 does that if it’s running as a dc loco on a DCC layout. As soon as the chip went in it was fine.

Headcode dots look to big and tops number a little small...... Still want it tho!!!

Dots are way to big.. being a Domino dot fan it never ceases to amaze me how a detail which fundamentally captures the look of locos from that period keeps being produce badly....POW deltic for example, but having said that love the over all look of this 31.

I take it the headcode has lights?

B  

• RMweb Premium

All things are possible, but what is the point of your question in the context of this thread?

Some previous Super detail Class 31’s had major issue with the Mazak on the chassis expanding and cracking the cab corners.

Edited by Hilux5972

The previous Super detail Class 31’s all had major issue with the Mazak on the chassis expanding and cracking the cab corners.

Thats not true certain ones did - 31110, one of the green and ither one or two of the blue - all the others haven't suffered as far as i know

The previous Super detail Class 31’s all had major issue with the Mazak on the chassis expanding and cracking the cab corners.

All??? I don't think that is correct - the relevant thread very clearly identifies only certain specific models. Since this new production does not (yet) fit into that limited category, to suggest otherwise is fruitless speculation, nay even scaremongering over the perceived absence of QC given a known defect that Hornby is not likely to repeat.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/43768-Hornby-corroded-class-31-chassis/?hl=mazak&do=findComment&comment=474369

Edit: My model of D5829 (R3144A) purchased several years ago is perfectly fine, thank you very much.

Edited by Pint of Adnams
  • Like 1

You cannot say 'all' in any way at all. Starting or repeating myths doesn't help anyone.