New Kernow Hornby limited editions..

adb968008

Possibly quite soon: my credit card was debited on 11 April for the cost of this loco, so here's hoping.....

You should find that was a test payment with your credit card account credited back for the same amount within a day or so... that's the way Kernow does it.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like the box is a tight fit to the toco, just a little too tight, as it’s marked the roof paint above the marker lights.

There’s no transportation damage, nor even the plastic film to protect the roof, so I can only think it was put in the box like this with the paint not fully dried.

Shame as this is a very good model, I could touch it up but at £170 i’d rather it be right. Kernow said ok to return and it’s already gone. Can’t wait for the replacement as it’s a good model.

Edited by adb968008

Looks like the box is a tight fit to the toco, just a little too tight, as it’s marked the roof paint above the marker lights.

There’s no transportation damage, nor even the plastic film to protect the roof, so I can only think it was put in the box like this with the paint not fully dried.

Shame as this is a very good model, I could touch it up but at £170 i’d rather it be right. Kernow said ok to return and it’s already gone. Can’t wait for the replacement as it’s a good model.

I agree, I thought just touch it in...... But at £170 send it straight back, love already re done my original 50007 to this version of GWR but I do like 50010.

• RMweb Premium

You should find that was a test payment with your credit card account credited back for the same amount within a day or so... that's the way Kernow does it.

KMRC had already done this when I originally placed the order back in January...it's a good reminder for me to find out what's the latest....

Mrs Y says I should do more hoovering.

4.jpg

A lovely brace of Fifties; it was probably around this time with 10+ years on the Western that I started to stop disliking them for ousting the Westerns.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know/have any evidence of the golden ochre Class 31 operating on either the Kings Lynn - Hunstanton or any of the lines surrounding Wells-Next-The-Sea? I’m guessing there’s a fair chance it may have at some point but it’s always nice to have some proof!

Greg

I'm pretty sure that I saw it at Hunstanton, but without going through all my spotting books I can't prove it. It was however allocated to March for a long while, within the Cambridge District, which covered the Hunny branch. I have no qualms about using it on my Hunst'on layout, which has strong connections with the real Hunstanton.

Stewart

Mine has exactly the same marks. Also missing a part on one of the bogies. Could be a recurrent issue then.

Edited by Matabiau

My model of 50010 arrived, very pleased with it, just one question though..... Should it have etched nameplates and Limited Edition certificates with it, mine has neither?

There is something in the back of my mind saying it should but recall reading that they will follow later but I cant for the life of me recall where I read it...... have I imagined it?

Yes but the locos were delivered early so they shipped them out without plates and certs to follow in a couple of weeks - that however was a couple of weeks ago now so they should be arriving soon i would think

Edited by girlinb

• RMweb Gold

Did you get a replacement 50007 in the end adb?

Oops, yes I did, couldn’t be any better, I mailed it back Friday afternoons post, Tuesday am the replacement was with me.

I’ve been meaning to put up a picture of it, but got lost in a sea of HUO’s, 07s and B4’s.

;-)

Today's Kernow Newsletter confirms that the Hornby Class 31 in Ochre livery is due to arrive next week... :danced:

Edit - Oh and yes so is the BR Research liveried one as well, but I've not ordered that one.

Edited by Pint of Adnams

RTC 31 due to land at Kernow next week, found out the hard way because my card stopped working. I thought it was illegal to keep card details as I registered interest by phone and they took 1p as a deposit last year with the idea of calling me to arrange payment when it arrived. Anyway, stuff it it's too late now. Looks to be a good model! 

It'd be nice to get a call when you've specifically asked for one, rather than big sums going on the wrong card without notice. A certain Liverpudlian retailer never bother either, they use whatever card you happened to use last with them without asking. Sorry to moan, nothing personal just a mini rant! I can feel a dedicated credit card just for pre orders coming on..a very dangerous idea but it'd solve the problem  :blum:

Very tempted with 50007, might swap my first release model for this earlier version. Some good diesel stuff from Hornby in the correct colours, makes a change. Well done Kernow, the 31s will fly if they haven't already sold out. 

• Like 1

Normally Kernow will make a note on a customer’s account if they have a specific request. I reckon this was down to human error.

Yeah. Too much going on I guess, same here I'd even forgotten it was on order! Looking forward to this one, definitely going to be sought after too.