Treble-0-Lectric Baby Deltic

divibandit

• RMweb Gold

"accomodated on an ordinary table"  Think how much easier the setting up would be...

post-7249-0-45892700-1520088671_thumb.jpg

The technical difficulty with the unpowered stuff is ensuring a suitable supply of static electricity.

• Like 1

The technical difficulty with the unpowered stuff is ensuring a suitable supply of static electricity.

But if the electricity is static, will there be any movement?

Jim

Funny!I was fiddling about with some Kato wagons on a couple of bits of unitrack the other day and was reminded of the ten finger Lone Star.Somewhere I have a Blue cattle van.

Many years ago one of my bosses at B T confessed he'd had a Lone Star electric set.

I won't print my views nowadays of my time at BT- let's just say they're best forgotten!

• RMweb Gold

While I realise that this thread is getting seriously off-topic, I wonder how many 2mm modellers of a certain age had push along Lone Star Treble-0 as kids? I'll be the first to put my hand up.

David

Still got some.

Quite a lot actually.

• RMweb Premium

~I just remember getting them in Woolworths . I had a Union Pacific train . Is it an F Type with A and B units and some UP coaches . From memory there was a Jinty and a Class 24. There was also some European outline steam loco but no tender. Mk1 coaches and signal box

Kept me occupied and I think must have been relatively inexpensive . There was track , but I think I just used the carpet!

Edited by Legend

• RMweb Gold

There were two types of unpowered Lone Star.

The original 1957 "Locos" range were pretty much half size copies of current Triang and Hornby Dublo models. The gauge was 8.25mm and was all diecast except for a few scenic items.

The "Treble-O-Trains" appeared in the late 1960s and were a mix of the push along and electric bodies on 9mm gauge underframes. The wheels were plastic to enable them to sit on N gauge track. There wasn't a B unit but the A unit was quite an accurate rendition. The European loco would be the US 0-8-0 minus its tender, which was powered in electric guise. Track was moulded plastic, similar in looks to the "Locos" track.

post-7249-0-83338100-1520345906_thumb.jpg

Mark

Edited by 2mmMark
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a Lone Star class 23 and 24 body, in green, no chassis, available, reasonable condition. If anyone's interested at modest price please PM me. Could be motorised on Bachmann UK chassis.

Dava