Rochdale MRG Model Railway Exhibition - Sat 7th April – Sun 8th April 2018

Persephone

The 54th Rochdale MRG Model Railway Exhibition

Sat 7th April – Sun 8th April 2018

The Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough, Lancashire OL15 9AE

OPENING TIMES:  SAT 10am-4.30pm, SUN 10am-4.30pm
ADMISSION:  Adults £3.00; Accompanied Under 16s FREE

Once again we will be holding our annual show at the Coach House Littleborough. The accent is on quality modelling in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere. We run a small show with a bit bit of a back to the good old days feel about it but with good, well modelled layouts.  Simple food and drinks available and there are many other good watering holes in the vicinity including the Good Beer Guide listed Red Lion.

8 layouts are attending:

ENIGMA ENGINEERING P4

CRAWTON OO

AMALGAMATED WAGON WORKS O gauge

FOUNTAIN COLLIERY OO (Chris Nevard's latest Micro)

ARCADIA PENN TERMINAL US O

HEBBLE VALE EM

HARKNESS EM

EASINGWOLD EAST EM

As are:

Todmorden Model Supplies

The Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Society

The Class 40 Preservation society

Edited by Persephone
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like I have something to do on Saturday afternoon then, the layouts look top notch and i will be interested to see how Harkness operates at a 90 degree angle  :jester:

It's a minimum space layout, 18" x 9" (approx.?)

It's a minimum space layout, 18" x 9" (approx.?)

Its the only way we could fit it in  :O

In reality although the file is the right way round on my PC, butb as soon as I import it, it goes sideways - a severe case of other priorities (Chiefly setting up the Oldham Beer Festival, also on this weekend - talk about divided loyalties -  and where I will be serving behind the bar from noon tomorrow) means I have given up trying to right the wrong :scratchhead: 

Edited by Persephone

Unfortunately due to a health problem, Tan yr Alt has had to drop out of the show this morning. Club member Ben Lord has stepped into the breach with his layout Amalgamated wagon Works, Many thanks Ben and a speedy recovery to Roger of Tan yr Alt.

Unfortunately due to a health problem, Tan yr Alt has had to drop out of the show this morning. Club member Ben Lord has stepped into the breach with his layout Amalgamated wagon Works, Many thanks Ben and a speedy recovery to Roger of Tan yr Alt.

Hmm, just hope it isn't the same problem that Mrs 5050 had last night and this morning.  I hope she recovers OK today to allow me to leave her alone and get there tomorrow.  The layout will be there though whatever, brought over by my mate so even more reason to have a go and give him some relief!

I was just reminiscing about Rochdale exhibitions in previous years.

Sunday morning drive to Rochdale Town Hall (Victorian?), then home-made CAKES!, and sunlight shafting along layouts.

I even heard an organ recital practice in the main hall when helping to set up one Sunday morning.

This year looks to be keeping up Rochdale's good quality exhibitions (but alas now in a different location). Well done.

• Like 2

I even heard an organ recital practice in the main hall when helping to set up one Sunday morning.

This year looks to be keeping up Rochdale's good quality exhibitions (but alas now in a different location). Well done.

Ah now that was Leslie Bevis - Smith of the MRC who was on the organ that moring - unbeknown to the members of the rMRG who had spent until silly oclock in the Tap and Spie on Drake St and were somewhat worse for wear. The organ playing, as accomplished as it was, didnt help our heads. 

Tahnks for the comments although the show is small these days we aim to procure qualiity layouts for our visitors to see.

Edit: Oh and the cakes are still home made!

Edited by Persephone
  • Like 1

Sunday morning drive to Rochdale Town Hall (Victorian?), then home-made CAKES!, and sunlight shafting along layouts.

I think I remember that organ recital, all a bit surreal at the time.  And the sunlight through the stained glass windows was always a treat - even if it did increase the ambient temperature somewhat.  The building is magnificent, quite the most palatial one I've exhibited in.  It appears on the telly occasionally.

Sorry about not being there today, Mrs 5050 is still not good so tomorrow may be out as well. It's a pity as I would have liked to have had Enigma under my wing for the last time.  However, Bryan and Mel seem to have enjoyed themselves and done the layout proud.

Many thanks to those who attended our show this weekend, as a group we were overwhelmed by the positive comments about the standard of layouts on display. I'd also like to thank all the exhibitors (and I include the societies and trade stand in that group) for the graft over the weekend. It wouldnt happen without you, and Ive got to say what a great bunch of people to spend the weekend with. It was fun, it was friendly, it was a damn good time. Only one misgiving about the weekend and that was that as detailed above, we were without the estimable Mr Gittens on Enigma Engineering, you were missed Paul although the lads did a sterling job as your substitute. Our best wished for a speedy recovery to Mrs G from all at RMRG. There will always be a space for the son of Enigma when you are ready!!

I should have been working behind the bar at Oldham Beer Festival on Saturday but it was definitely worth giving up the free beer to run this show - see you next year!!

Many thanks to those who attended our show this weekend, as a group we were overwhelmed by the positive comments about the standard of layouts on display. I'd also like to thank all the exhibitors (and I include the societies and trade stand in that group) for the graft over the weekend. It wouldnt happen without you, and Ive got to say what a great bunch of people to spend the weekend with. It was fun, it was friendly, it was a damn good time. Only one misgiving about the weekend and that was that as detailed above, we were without the estimable Mr Gittens on Enigma Engineering, you were missed Paul although the lads did a sterling job as your substitute. Our best wished for a speedy recovery to Mrs G from all at RMRG. There will always be a space for the son of Enigma when you are ready!!

I should have been working behind the bar at Oldham Beer Festival on Saturday but it was definitely worth giving up the free beer to run this show - see you next year!!

Aw shucks, I am not worthy - but I am renowned as being a well-known spelling mistake.............. :blush:

Mrs G says thank you very much, she is now feeling a bit better and hopes to be getting over it tomorrow hopefully.