Bachmann Collector's Club

Stu from EGDL

Hi Gang;

Just reviewing some of my modelling commitments and , after the Farish catalogue and latest Bachmann Club magazine, I think that's it for my membership.

With no future N Gauge Club editions in the pipeline, I think that it now represents poor value for money. I don't need a steam calendar, a 5 plank wagon or a catalogue that of products that I can view mostly online.

Don't let me deter others though....

LAter;

STU from EGDL

cool.gif

• RMweb Gold

I've never been a member, mainly down to the fact that there have never been any limited edition N gauge owner's club models to tempt me!

No that there is a decent new generation of locos (08/24/37/47/57 etc), perhaps they might consider some quality limited editions.

If they were to announce any of the following:

97201 (24061) In RTC livery

47475 in Provincial

47522 Doncaster Enterprise in Apple Green (perhaps with optional "Parcels" rub down transfers)

47973 Midland Counties Railway, in Midland Counties Red

I'd sign up straight away!

Interesting to see N gauge modelers' perception of the Club. As a member who models 00, I think the club is great and good value! I wonder what proportion of the club models in N gauge. Certainly the N gauge limited editions seem to move very slowly compared with the 00 ones that have been known to sell out in under a month! Steam generally seems to sell quicker that diesel.

I understand that a steam N gauge model is in the pipeline, perhaps for the next magazine.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Archived