Using T to model miniature railways.

sem34090

I feel I've posted a bit much tonight...

Oh well, on last thread - Promise!

I am intending to model a private steam workshop in 7mm scale, featuring Standard Gauge, 3ft Gauge 2ft 3'' Gauge, 18'' Gauge and 5'' Gauge all on one layout. Now, most of these are covered, but the 5'' was causing problems. By my reckoning, T works out at roughly 5'' gauge in 7mm scale, and for the purposes of the workshop I would want the track to be raised in the style of the many portable 5'' gauge railways one sees at community events and model railway shows, and preferably working.

I do not intend to buy a trainset, and I may not even be buying any track. The current plan is to use one motorised chassis, fitted with a modified coach body from shapeways to act as a riding wagon for any (non-powered) loco that I would put in front of it. For such a small set up, would two motor units actually be required.

As I say, this will only be a small part of a layout, but any opinions would be much appreciated!

All the best,

sem34090

I feel I've posted a bit much tonight...

Oh well, on last thread - Promise!

I am intending to model a private steam workshop in 7mm scale, featuring Standard Gauge, 3ft Gauge 2ft 3'' Gauge, 18'' Gauge and 5'' Gauge all on one layout. Now, most of these are covered, but the 5'' was causing problems. By my reckoning, T works out at roughly 5'' gauge in 7mm scale, and for the purposes of the workshop I would want the track to be raised in the style of the many portable 5'' gauge railways one sees at community events and model railway shows, and preferably working.

I do not intend to buy a trainset, and I may not even be buying any track. The current plan is to use one motorised chassis, fitted with a modified coach body from shapeways to act as a riding wagon for any (non-powered) loco that I would put in front of it. For such a small set up, would two motor units actually be required.

As I say, this will only be a small part of a layout, but any opinions would be much appreciated!

All the best,

sem34090

Hello,

Only one unit would be required to power that.