Bachmann Ivatt 4MT valve gear repairs

Hi there chaps and chapesses

I have a Bachmann Ivatt 4MT I'm rebuilding. I bought it second hand many, many moons ago. The were a few bits missing which can be easily replaced or rebuilt however the cylinders are slightly damaged and both valve spindles are snap making the motion a bit limp.

Has anyone repaired these before or know how I can obtain a spare valve gear and cylinders?

It is Bachmann as the primary source for the parts, if they have any available; altermnatively scrounging around for s/h.

Repair: is there a few mm of valve spindle remaining? If so that can be sleeved with thin walled tube which can be glued into the valve chest to stop the 'flopping around' - valves spindles don't actually have to move - most models have the combination lever pivotted either on the radius rod joint, or on the spindle joint, with the spindle either not present or fixed.

• Like 1

I have a 4MT with thrown rods.  I just never got around to fixing and I'm doing 0 gauge now so not looking back.  To be clear this is the 2-6-0 tender loco, LMS 3001.  There's also a Brassmasters Ivatt pony truck kit and a set of Shire scenes fire irons.

We can exchange PMs if you are interested.

John

• Like 1