Green Leaf Brewery London

Aldgate Box Boy

Another new arrival

In an attempt to support my local model shop I purchased a Dapol JInty. DC £145 which I couldn't resist. When I started Green Leaf I thought I would maybe get two locos and that would be the end of it. Any way the plan is the brewery has bought the loco from BR and plans to repaint in in to Green Leaf livery. The DCC chip, speaker and stay alive are on the way.

Cheers Tim

IMG_1995 (1).JPG

IMG_1997 (1).JPG

• Like 5

On 01/04/2020 at 18:22, Aldgate Box Boy said:

Another new arrival

In an attempt to support my local model shop I purchased a Dapol JInty. DC £145 which I couldn't resist. When I started Green Leaf I thought I would maybe get two locos and that would be the end of it.

I thought a couple of locos were enough for Offerston Quay.

Now at 7, plus a railbus, plus three or four loco kits waiting their turn!

The Jinties are good though. My local model shop Rails Of Sheffield did me a cracking deal on one which will become a pull-push engine.

• Like 1

Thanks Ade, I really loved doing these, and the ones on the grain van.  I was thinking that these probably could have been cast white metal but they are so rewarding to make.  I often listen to podcasts when I model and I've been listening to the BBC series 13 Minutes to the Moon.  The first series was about the Apollo 11 mission, and the latest is about Apollo13.  I find myself making excuses to listen to another episode which is great for the modelling.

Thanks for the comments

cheers Tim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...