Green Leaf Brewery London

Aldgate Box Boy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nicely done Tim. I have been quietly following this thread in the background and love your work on the buildings, but have very much enjoyed seeing you branch out your skills into brass kits. I've only built 2 brass locos so far, and haven't had much time over the last couple of years (young daughter to blame!) to get to the modelling bench to finish painting the second one. Seeing you produce a cute little loco of such quality has made me want to make time to get back to my bench again. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

End of the Line for Green Leaf

Hi everyone, due to Covid and my wife needing a space to work at home I am having to dismantle Green Leaf after nearly three years of work.  Here are some last images.

The positive is I am moving my hobby to my study and I am hoping to create the brewery on a larger scale.  I have my eye on three boards 1800x750mm the old layout was 3200mmx 800mm.  There is a strong possibility of narrow gauge 0-16 and potentially dual gauge track.  anyway thanks for all the kind comments.

Cheers TimIMG_2254.JPG.24b797f821f0d296caacb8c356bafb8b.JPGIMG_2248.JPG.5acb0f60a387bcd04fa8250f270a0091.JPGIMG_2247.JPG.442a773abde0418b0ea651ac603474b8.JPGIMG_2246.JPG.9a3f8b139d53ae7fd85528f2af1fb332.JPG

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Thanks Simon, yes I am going to try and 'Build Back Better', as someone once said. I will have a lot more space.  My idea at the moment is to keep the essential layout as is, but extend it either end with a mixture of scenery and hidden siding (which I didn't have on the old version). The big addition is, as I mentioned, the inclusion of some 0-16 narrow gauge. I currently experimenting with a Hornby 'Smokey Joe' chassis and a Smallbrook 'Thor' narrow gauge body. If I work out fitting DCC to this it will allow the potential to have some dual gauge track and points.  The plan forming is to be able to run the narrow gauge the length of the layout at the back, with a larger section at one end for pure narrow gauge.  That is the plan!

thanks for everyone's comments and support.  I'll post the progress on the build if you are interested.

Cheers Tim

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hi Tim, sorry to hear that you will have to dismantle the layout, good luck with new one.

I recently dismantled my sons layout (lost interest as he got older) & I can sympathise with the emotions you will go through. :O:sad_mini:

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...