Point Drop Stop for Peco Points

two tone green

If there is one thing that makes me cringe when I am operating Dock Green at a show it's the lurch of stock through Peco crossings. Will I be able to buy some at the forthcoming Telford show? I need enough for nine O gauge points.

Chaz

Edited by chaz

• RMweb Premium

I have just laid my (OO) storage sidings and despite all the years working with OO models, have only just realised the cause of the ‘drop’. There are some wagons that simply refuse to stay on over the drop. And searching for a solution I found this thread!

Any idea when the OO versions might be out?

There will be some at Telford on the Parlimentary Trains stand or by mail order.

I suspect that the queue for them at Telford might well be longer than the one at the hot cakes stand. Suggest high stock levels would be useful.   :sungum:

C J Freezer advocated something similar (using paper Mache) for 00 points over 50 years ago. It was a bodge then and this is a bodge now.

But one that works really well and can't be seen, I think there a great idea. just wish I'd thought of it and made my fortune, hahahha. :no:

• Like 1

Stand 102 at Telford for Parliamentary Trains. Available for standard turnouts and double slips in 0 Gauge, and 0 Gauge set track in a week or two. 

There are numerous 00 points to cover but will start doing these after Telford.

I've had a few enquiries about N gauge so will look at those too. 

I'll post as they become available.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If I can add a note of caution. I put the devices into all the point crossings on Dock Green but they interfered with the running of several of my locomotives causing them to stall. I reluctantly removed and discarded them (pulling them out effectively destroys them).

Chaz

Yes, both of us will be at the Bristol show.

Ade Stevenson of this Parish will be picking up 4 sets for me at the Bristol Show, used many, and cant fault them, highly recommended.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Chaz, what locos are they that you had problems with. Kit built, RTR, brand etc.

Thanks.

If I can add a note of caution. I put the devices into all the point crossings on Dock Green but they interfered with the running of several of my locomotives causing them to stall. I reluctantly removed and discarded them (pulling them out effectively destroys them).

Chaz

Thanks Andrew. We will have them ready for you.

Ade Stevenson of this Parish will be picking up 4 sets for me at the Bristol Show, used many, and cant fault them, highly recommended.

Hi Chaz, what locos are they that you had problems with. Kit built, RTR, brand etc.

A Bachmann Brassworks class 04 diesel shunter and at least two of my kit-built 0-6-0 tank locos running on Slater's wheels.

Hi Chaz. Would it be possible for you to measure the flange depth. We may be able to provide tweaked drop stops for you.

I have a Bachmann 08 which I will try this coming weekend to see what it’s like but I think I have already run it over the current version of the drop stop without problems.

Slaters wheels. No comment. Will await details from you.

Hi Chaz. Would it be possible for you to measure the flange depth. We may be able to provide tweaked drop stops for you.

I have a Bachmann 08 which I will try this coming weekend to see what it’s like but I think I have already run it over the current version of the drop stop without problems.

Slaters wheels. No comment. Will await details from you.

Maybe. The stock is all packed away until the next show (in March) but I may be able to find time later this week to go through them and do some measuring.

Chaz

• Friendly/supportive 1

Before I heard of this product I fitted my own made up from strips of plasticard. Ramchester station area is so fitted but when I relaid the fiddle yard recently I used the Parliamentary Trains product and they are so easy to fit. Before removing them from the sprue I colour them with a felt pen as this is much easier to do in the whole piece and then cut them out (they only have tabs at the ends - so not difficult) Then they are simply eased into place around the frogs/wing rails. I have not glued them at all and so far they seem to have stayed put. Simples!

791500653_DSC03619(2).JPG.a8e2f3e00eb150e994bbc944a2ff8df5.JPG

Rod

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Any update on the 00 ones?

The website doesn't show them, it says "OO and N versions to follow…….." . Not not sure how up to date the site is.

Thanks,

Rob

Edit: Website seems exactly the same as when I looked some 18 months ago.

Edited by mezzoman253
Update