An OP for this topic... I will post some actual content later on!

All the best,

EDIT, 16/12/18: Thread title changed to reflect lack of future CAD activity.

EDIT, 27/12/18: Thread title changed to reflect the lack of pre-grouping content!

EDIT, 04/08/19: Thread title changed to reflect the further lack of pre-grouping content!!!

EDIT, 29/08/20: Thread title changed again to reflect a potential new revival of pre-grouping content.

EDIT, 18/03/23: Thread title changed in anticipation that some modelling will be happening soon, but that it is unlikely to be 1920s, 1930s, Metropolitan, London Transport or GCR!

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 2

Right, let's start adding some pictures!

I think I'll begin with a screenshot of my LSWR 48ft Family Saloon artwork and attach some GER Artwork.

post-33498-0-60301300-1515797715.png

Then reply to James' (Edwardian's) post in another thread...

The coaches will generally reflect my choice in locos rather than the original PC range, so starting with LBSCR, LSWR and SECR, then followed by LNWR and GER (Probably). I have done some limited GWR artwork, but not much that's of any use or value to anyone. I quite fancy doing Midland stock, but (a bit like the LNWR really) it's significantly better supported than, say, the GNoSR. As I'm doing this as a hobby, not a business, and at present are not expecting people to pay for it, I am more than willing to cover less supported railways, even ficitonal ones...

WNR Coaching stock, Mr J.E. Dwardian? If you are able to specify the various features you wish your coaches to feature, and with further knowledge of the livery, then we will see what we can arrange for you. I assume a private saloon for his Lordship would be in order, and of course all the peasant trucks Third Class stock can be finished to any standard that Sir thinks the poor  unsavoury Lower class travelling public would benefit from.

• Like 5

Good to see you have started a thread for this!!

I am looking forward to seeing what you have done, and also to seeing some LNWR stock (yes really!!)

Gary

Your alligence to your comrades of Brighton appears to be waning Mr Lightning. Be Careful. The men in umber are watching you very closely as of now.

LNWR stock will come after LBSCR, LSWR, SECR, WNR and GER Stock. Of course, WNR only applies if the CME replies to my previous correspondence with regards Peasant & Cattle   (Non) Passenger Carrying Coaching Stock for the Poor Scum who are born to clean our chimney General Population of Achingham and Castle Aching.

• Like 3

They all says that... they all says that! Watjyer think I am, a nidyurt? Git adav it... pull the other one. 

Oi! I didn't mean lierally 'pull the other one'... I'll 'ave yer, I'll 'ave yer!

Aneeyway...

Reminds me to try and get some B4 drawings... Triang L1 chassis?

Sir Eustace... hmm. Started on the SECR, but I feel that another figure would be more in-period...

All the best,

G. Szlumper (Hope I spelt that correctly!)

• Like 3

That would be very much appreciated! I bought the L1 ages ago for another project, and at present it's the only spare 4-coupled chassis I have! I'll probably swap the slightly filthy X04 with a 1980's one out of an E2 that got a Chinese chassis. The E2 one is brand new, not a single mark on it, and the brushes aren't marked either. It's never been run!

Which brings me to ask: how do you get worm gears off of X04's? I need the old worm gear on the new motor...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have a tool for pulling the worm off. No idea where it is at the moment but I got it from eBay. I usually refurb the X.04s myself when redoing the engines. With a rare earth magnet and some new brushes and a damn good oil they will run as well as any modern motor!!

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 1

I have some for the E2 somewhere... Hornby, not scale. Same for the terriers, though I need to look into what liveries you refer to, and which war! Boer War? WW1? WWII? Cold War?! War on Terror?!!  :tomato:

I also meant what locos might anyone like to see me do as 3D prints! Can't say how long until they'd be available, but I'd be willing to do them nonetheless.

• Like 2

I have drawings for the B1 (In that book I mentioned), so that will be happening soon-ish (I have a triang M7 chassis block to measure for it... B2's, B3's and B4's should also be happening, and I have CAD for a D1 0-4-2T drawn up, with the E1 and D2 to follow at some stage.

Tenders will be done, and I think I will do a C2 (And C2x possibly too) based on your suggestion: long lived, Popular, and fairly ubiquitous.

• Like 2

Thought I'd better show a layout and some trains other than an R1!

My current stop-gap LBSCR layout, almost entirely proprietry (I know... I just wanted something quickly!):

Salvington is a small station, almost a halt (but pre-dating the Railmotor era by some way) on a fictional branch heading North from West Worthing up to Findon and on to Washington and Ashington. At least 90% of the inspiration for the layout was Oak Hill, so it's all Gary's fault!

post-33498-0-29962200-1515804909_thumb.jpg

Initial Construction shot, with some of my kit-bashes visible on the left!

post-33498-0-21986800-1515804925_thumb.jpg

My two I.E.G. Terriers. I do have Beulah in her 2-4-0 form in the works (Gary: where did you get the transfers for that one?) picked up for £10 brand new from the Bluebell Sales stand at East Grinstead Show last year. I don't know how I managed to get that for that price, but I did!

post-33498-0-03653200-1515804957_thumb.jpg

Bachmann E4 at Salvington on a Brighton service.

post-33498-0-00608500-1515804985_thumb.jpg

And looking the other way... towards Ashington.

post-33498-0-85877100-1515805007_thumb.jpg

The aforementioned E2: Note the Peco hut and buffers. And the code 100 track...

post-33498-0-22219200-1515805034_thumb.jpg

Not Salvington, but Waddon makes an appearance on my West London micro-layout 'Ealing East'. Set in the 1950's, but rule 1 and all that!

post-33498-0-78515800-1515805059_thumb.jpg

The more usual shunter of Ealing East Yard, if a Pannier is absent.

post-33498-0-63831400-1515805090_thumb.jpg

And in amongst those was a picture of a real one!

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Wonderful stuff, especially the E4 shots. Marsh Umber goes right to my heart every time.

I wonder what Waterloo would make of this though! Their coaches casually abandoned in a stock box, and not a LSWR loco in sight!  :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have some for the E2 somewhere

Goods Black as it should be?

At least 90% of the inspiration for the layout was Oak Hill, so it's all Gary's fault!

My two I.E.G. Terriers. I do have Beulah in her 2-4-0 form in the works (Gary: where did you get the transfers for that one?)

Still amazed that anyone finds my work that inspiring!!

As for Beulah, have a sheet of Terrier transfers!!! terrierSheet.pdf

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I have a tool for pulling the worm off.

You can get arrested for things like that!

I usually refurb the X.04s myself when redoing the engines. With a rare earth magnet and some new brushes and a damn good oil they will run as well as any modern motor!

They were exceptionally well made motors, so I am not surprised how well they perform with a refurb.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

and the laptop!!

Take it to the local repair shop, and tell them it got damaged because of a discussion on a model railway forum abouts4xually abusing worms, and see how they react..;)

• RMweb Gold

Take it to the local repair shop, and tell them it got damaged because of a discussion on a model railway forum abouts4xually abusing worms, and see how they react.. ;)

Luckily it is water proof. The biggest problem with that however is that I used to own to local laptop repair shop! So they would all believe me!!

Gary

• Like 1

Goods Black as it should be?

Still amazed that anyone finds my work that inspiring!!

As for Beulah, have a sheet of Terrier transfers!!!

Goods black, as it should be! Will need to try and dig it out of my Hard Drive... 

I suspect I'm not the only one who finds your work very inspiring!

And Thanks for the transfers... very useful!

• Like 2

Wonderful stuff, especially the E4 shots. Marsh Umber goes right to my heart every time.

I wonder what Waterloo would make of this though! Their coaches casually abandoned in a stock box, and not a LSWR loco in sight!  :mosking:O

Oh don't worry about Waterloo! They've got an 0415 and a forthcoming M7 to pull their bogie coaches (Highly recommended resin kits by GRAmodels.), so nothing to wrry about there. I have more LBSCR Locos than LSWR ones (In LSWR Livery, the opposite is true for B****sh R*****ys stock!) but the inverse is true for coaches at the moment...

• Like 3