A few questions, if I may, and an appeal for assistance:

I currently require drawings for the following locomotives, and would be much obliged if some kind soul could supply them!

LSWR Class A12 0-4-2

LSWR Class T3 4-4-0

I'm advised that there are drawings for the A12 in the September 1975 Railway Modeller, and the T3 in the January 1988 Railway Modeller. I'll be down at the model railway club this evening and will check our library. If I can find them, I'll scan some drawings for you at work (hopefully tomorrow).

Well, the T3 drawings are lovely and clear, though the A12 ones are a very shrunken GA drawing, so the dimensions aren't very clear...

However! The club has a complete set of Railway Modellers and Model Railway Constructors going back to issue 1 of both, so if you want to pick drawings off that list above, let me know and I can scan any of them! If you let me know by about 9:30 this evening I can add to the magazines I'm scanning tomorrow.

post-793-0-23541900-1518117906_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If you could possibly do the T3 ones and the A12 ones that'd be fantastic! Don't need any more in the very immediate future...

I've uploaded the T3 and A12 drawings to Dropbox, as well as a G6 I saw while searching, just in case! You have a PM...

Anyone else who wants these, drop me a PM. :)

post-33498-0-23955600-1518306901_thumb.png

Inspired by the total absence of pre-grouping routes from Train Simulator, I have just set about modifying the Malmesbury Branch into something a bit closer to Brighton...

Seen here are the three currently available LBSCR Locos: the E2, A1 (+A1x) and Stroudley G Class single, the latter being a (very) basic free download, the other two being payware. The coaches are included in the Terrier pack. The station buildings came from the Bluebell Railway route, and the 'ballast' was created by overlaying the track with a dirt track road that happened to have just the right colour. The split post signal is an NER example from the NYMR route, but as those are the only currently available split-post semaphores in the game it'll have to do for now.

E. Missenden

• Like 6

Sorry to hijack your thread sem, but do you (or anyone else) have drawings for the SECR R/R1 class 0-6-0? I'm making a chassis to go under some old Wrenn bodies and some proper dimensions would be very useful! The Wrenn chassis is basic to say the least so I can't just copy that.

Hijack over...

I believe the Wrenn/Dublo chassis also has the wrong wheelbase...

It does, the front wheelbase is way too short, hopefully I can correct that without it looking out of place against the body, which I think is also wrong - but not wrong enough for me to bother starting from scratch.

Just to put it out there, I have not been converted into an enthusiast of American steam locomotives, but the sounds that S160 produced were something quite special. The weather was also somewhat peculiar, being unable to decide between glorious sunshine and snow/sleet (It couldn't decide which... snow one moment, changing to sleet, then back to snow, then rain, then sunshine, then sleet, then rain, then snow, then sunshine...)

In order to prove this, I will say that work has started on the CAD for the T3, again thanks to Linny's kind scanning.

In other news, I am spending at least part of tomorrow (hopefully!) sat in a Hawksworth Autocoach coupled to a 6400 Pannier tank. I'll be a tad disappointed if the SDR are running a diseasel railcar instead. Either way, there should be an LT Pannier in the offing, so that's nice. No terriers though, so that's not nice... speaking of which, I'll be doing a bit of work on my terrier fleet after the E5 has been completed.

They all need wingplates at the very least, apart from 32662, which needs its smokebox sorting to extend the door straps and add a bit of filler around the extended smokebox, plus the removal of the footplate-mounted sandboxes. All my terriers need the water filler caps moving to the centre of the tank, 32662 requires some new safety valves, they all need lamp irons, 'Piccadilly' will need its coal rails removing, at least one of my A1's (But most likely all the 0-6-0's) require condensing pipes, with 'Piccadilly' being first (simply because it's still in its box and I have yet to lose the detail pack). 'Beulah' needs actually finishing, but Gary has solved that problem for me. All the terriers need lamp irons at some stage as well, and the dremel will be coming out to remove some unwanted sandboxes on the A1's.

Now do those who did not believe see the need for a decent new terrier (with a decent, not BROWN, shade of Improved Engine Green, please Hornby?)?!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Right, let's start adding some pictures!

I think I'll begin with a screenshot of my LSWR 48ft Family Saloon artwork and attach some GER Artwork.

attachicon.gifLSWR Family Saloon.png

Wow! that LSWR coach side is much better than anything I was able to make for the LSWR.  Excuse me for a moment while I go find a hat so I can take it off to you. G1dDhSj.png

Very interested to see what you've been doing with Train Simulator.  I run the other one by Auran as I've never been able to get to like Trains Simulator's control interface.  I also like the fact that Auran's version is a bit more custom modding friendly.

To add to your list of interesting engines I would love to see someone produce a 7mm scale bodyshell for 'Lady Margaret' in original Liskerad & Looe Railway condition and not as rebuilt by the GWR.

fkb4TaK.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks to you both!

I'll have to get onto the L&LR tank at some stage.

As for the Atlantics, as much as I like Railway Modeller, it annoys me that nowadays they only really do loco drawings when an RTR model of said loco is being produced. They have drawings of subjects not yet done as RTR, so why not published those?

Wow! that LSWR coach side is much better than anything I was able to make for the LSWR.  Excuse me for a moment while I go find a hat so I can take it off to you. G1dDhSj.png

Very interested to see what you've been doing with Train Simulator.  I run the other one by Auran as I've never been able to get to like Trains Simulator's control interface.  I also like the fact that Auran's version is a bit more custom modding friendly.

To add to your list of interesting engines I would love to see someone produce a 7mm scale bodyshell for 'Lady Margaret' in original Liskerad & Looe Railway condition and not as rebuilt by the GWR.

fkb4TaK.jpg

I walked part of the northern reaches, the Liskeard and Caradon, on Bodmin Moor last summer.  Stone sleeper blocks still evident!

How about one of these little beauties in 4mil?

post-25673-0-07452500-1518616907_thumb.jpg

post-25673-0-51236800-1518617215_thumb.jpg

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

As small independent railways that didn't get absorbed by the GWR until 1917 the Liskeard & Caradon and the Liskerad & Looe railways are fascinating.  I've been labouring over a digital representation for Trainz Simulator, but haven't been getting very far as yet.

Well, here's the trackplan. I need criticism! The section shaded in green has already been built, but the rest of the track can be changed. The green section contains the small station 'Salvington' as shown in this thread.post-33498-0-66503400-1518725734_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I am loathe to criticise others ideas.  You may well have a very different vision of how the layout will work to how I see it, and inevitably my comments are based on how I might use such a layout.  Nevertheless here goes;

Once the new station is built, I would ditch the old one.  It is much too close and could make the layout look toy like with the loco entering one station while the last coach is just off the platform of the other.  You could use the platform as a loading dock.

Assuming that the layout is roughly to scale, the loop on the main platform face looks very short.  You might just get 3 x 4 wheel coaches  (so less than 2 short bogie coaches) in there and still be able to run round.  If this is a one loco in steam layout then you will need a release road and so you will probably have to find a way to lengthen the loop.  If it is not one loco in steam, then think about doing away with the release cross over.  Train is brought in by loco 1, which disconnects and draws forward 1 ft (4mm).  Second loco attaches to the last coach, couples up and leaves.

The loop on the bay is, if anything even shorter.  Might be better as a second siding without a loop/loco release.

In no small way, how the layout works will depend on how you want to use it - not me.  So please feel free to disregard everything I have suggested.