• RMweb Premium

A cheap way of removing the worm: hold the worm in a vice between two sheets of lead, and then using a hammer and nail tap the shaft out. Its better if you can get behind the worm to hold it, but I've never been able to. The lead stops the worm from deforming while being held....

Andy G

• Like 3

So, to halt all questionable talk about worms and laptops...  :O

I accquired a few more locos today, namely a very nicely rewheeled Triang M7 (Finished in a certain SR Black livery another modeller who occasionally hangs around this parish...) which will possibly end up in LSWR Drummond Green (I have overlays for that livery...) and (More interestingly, for me anyway) my first Welsh Loco! A Wills Finecast Taff Vale Railway U1 Class 0-6-2T, both accquired part-exchange for some old LMS stock I had, finished in a questionable GWR Lined green which features very poor handpainted lining! It will in due course be finished in TVR Livery (Lined Black isn't it?), almost certainly using overlays in part, to be able to run on my colliery layout as a semi-preserved loco (as per the preserved NSR 0-6-2T whilst in coal board service), and if I fancy running the layout (set in South Wales, somewhere near Mountain Ash, which was on the TVR system) in an earlier era with PO wagons aplenty and Manning Wardles instead of Austerities...

Will resume work on the Baltic on Monday whilst I attend to the new purchases (getting them photographed and added to my catalogue here: https://www.snupps.com/sem34090, not a complete list yet, especially with regards to hauled stock!) and continue building the O-16.5 loco that will be finished in LBSCR Improved Engine Green.

I suspect my next pre-grouping layout will emerge after the Colliery layout. I had intended to build a BR(S) BLT (Don't, Just Don't... :triniti: ) but given how common those have become, I suspect it may take the form of the LBSCR Era 'Minories' suggested on another thread...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Oh don't worry about Waterloo! They've got an 0415 and a forthcoming M7 to pull their bogie coaches (Highly recommended resin kits by GRAmodels.), so nothing to wrry about there. I have more LBSCR Locos than LSWR ones (In LSWR Livery, the opposite is true for B****sh R*****ys stock!) but the inverse is true for coaches at the moment...

I didn't realize that GRAmodels did the LSWR coaches (I assume it's the 42ft ones you have). Interesting.

I like the catalogue/photo album - hadn't heard of Snupps before.

• Like 1

I hadn't until I saw a video on youtube about it and its application to model railways! For a while now, I've had multiple attempts at catalogueing everything, but got bored after a certain number of locos. I saw this as having several advantages in that:

1. There is an image of each item, useful (say) to have at a show when packing up for operators other than yourself to know what's yours.
  2. It's online, so I doubt I'll ever lose it. Whilst I've chosen to make mine public, you can make it private. In this case, for me, the online storage makes sense because, at a show, you can easily get it up on your portable Tele-phonetic wireless communications & researching device (Mobile Phone, to the commoners whom inhabite the modern world beyond the realms of this quasi-Edwardian forum!)
  3. It's easy to add and delete items. I take a photo of each item, then upload it with enough information for me to identify each item.
  4. It's free!

Usual disclaimer applies...

I highly recommend the GRAmodels Wagon & Coach kits, I had that 42ft bogie built within an hour!

• RMweb Gold

Goods black, as it should be! Will need to try and dig it out of my Hard Drive... 

I suspect I'm not the only one who finds your work very inspiring!

And Thanks for the transfers... very useful!

I would appreciate a copy of the goods black bits when you find them. I need to line my E2 at some point!

I once again thank you for your kind comments about my modelling!!

If you see any other transfers I have done that you would like just let me know and I will send them over.

Gary

• Like 1

Any and all of them!!! I enjoy doing them, but where someone else has already done them I'd rather use those!

For now though, here's the ammended R1 Sheet, colour matched from the terrier, both for green and Indian red. Interestingly they match up well with pictures I took of No.263 before Hornby cunningly repainted her to match their model... :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that!! Really appreciated. I will dig through the other bits I have done to see what useful transfers I have that I can share with you. Some of mine need redoing before they are worth sharing.

How do you attach your paper overlays? I use transfer paper but I have noticed that this can in some cases distort the colour making it much harder to match paint colours when I am printing!

Gary

• Like 1

Ooops. Am I bleeding your printer dry? Oh I am awfully sorry sir, may I mop it up for you? Oh, it's leaked onto the paper? Well Sir, All I can say is that's some rather handsome SECR insignia it has managed to form itself into! What do you mean it was meant to be British Railways, Whatever that is? No sir, this shop dates from 1910, so your printing press will be unable to print the insignia that you appear to require...

Good Day!

I suspect I shall be cured of my affliction in time, however there is one small obstacle, given away by my avatar and username...

I LOVE BULLEID PACIFICS TOO MUCH!!!

And that's unlikely to change anytime soon!

• Like 2