So, for the RTR chassis version I think an M7 chassis would be the best bet. I reckon that'll be three different basic versions of the model, plus variants of the actual locos (different chimnies (?), etc, one for the modern Hornby M7 Chassis (With splashers adjusted to suit), one for the Triang M7 Chassis (Again, Splashers moved to suit) and one to exact scale measurements for those who are willing/able to build their own chassis.

As I've said previously, my aim is to make the 'kits' available to as many people as possible, a large number of whom may not feel confident fabricating a chassis to fit, so a compromise can be reached using RTR chassis. I also appreciate some would rather that a model be as accurate as possible than be easy to motorise. Personally, I could live with the discrepancy, but I know people who couldn't/wouldn't. There's room for everything in this hobby, and that should be celebrated.

Many thanks to James for doing that for me, especially the T9 (I don't currently own one, so couldn't compare!).

As for the L, that will be to fit a Hornby Railroad A1/A3 Chassis, as I gather it isn't all that far out and is very easy to get hold of. I also have one, which helps!

• Like 1

I think it's about time I posted some non-CAD models!

Firstly:

post-33498-0-08026700-1516917959_thumb.png

My attempt at LBSCR No.81 'Beulah', directly copied from Gary's own conversion. Mine uses a Hornby (Bluebell Railway special edition!) 'Stepney' as a basis, picked up for £10 from the Bluebell Railway stand at last years East Grinstead show. Our club was exhibiting, and because I was a member of said club (who always attend the Bluebell show, and as such are on very good terms with them!) I got a £39 discount over the price they were selling them at! Need to tidy up the Umber and get mine (Or, more likely!) or Gary's artwork onto the sides.

post-33498-0-98048600-1516917991_thumb.png

Next up, a recently purchased Finecast loco, representing a Taff Vale Railway class U1 0-6-2T. This afternoon it went into plain black, and in due course will recieve TVR Lining and a new set of safety valves to de-swindonise it!

post-33498-0-14793000-1516918043_thumb.png

Then, a different scale! A kit-built (Langley, I assume?) N gauge GWR 4800 Class 0-4-2T in BR (Whatever that is!) Green, picked up at the Astolat show on Sunday for £5! It runs well enough, though is a bit hesitant (I didn't expect it to run at all, the price I paid!). I expect at some point the body will come off, and that of an LBSCR D1 will be replacing it! I need to test at least one of my body kits in N gauge, just for completeness! Then I'll do a few Caley designs... a certain RMwebber may be pleased to hear this, as they will be designed (hopefully) with 2mmFS in mind as well as N. It takes a few minutes to rescale a model, and perhaps up to an hour to adjust it to make it printable. All my 3D models start at 1:1 (12" to the foot!) scale, and are scaled down from there, starting with 4mm. I then scale for 3.5mm, 3mm, 2mm, 5.5mm and 7mm as I see fit. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to offer my locos in any scale, within reason. Z and T may be pushing it, but I may try it just to see!

post-33498-0-30139200-1516918821_thumb.jpg

Purchased, along with the U1, at the Bognor show, I expect this (Rather nicely re-wheeled) Triang M7 will be staying as is for now, simply because I don't fancy repainting it, and the SR-Fitted Push-Pull gear is moulded, making it awkward to backdate to LSWR condition. I do, however, have a built Finecast one in the same livery, without, push-pull gear which I will probably backdate now.

post-33498-0-97358700-1516918998_thumb.jpg

A wagon! Based on an old Triang Wagon, on a slightly less old Hornby chassis, and bashed into a loose representation of an LBSCR Van, based entirely on photos, and it's pretty poor, but it does the job for now!

post-33498-0-03890000-1516919091_thumb.jpg

My GBL SECR C Class, which (Heaven Forbid!) will be in BR Black, as I already have a Bachmann C to cover the requirement for an SECR one. However, as I will be doing some artwork for an SECR one (On Gary's request!) I may yet change my mind!

post-33498-0-71074100-1516919205_thumb.jpg

My attempt at an LSWR Road Van, and it's drastically under-length to my eye. It's the body of a Bachmann BR 20T design, with the chassis shortened and the sides modifed using card, plasticard and a set of duckets from a Triang Clerestory.

post-33498-0-26879700-1516919317_thumb.jpg

Finally, my J72. Currently being backdated somewhat, and made usable, I doubt the green is suitable, but I like it, so it's staying!

At some stage, I may take a picture of my recent refubishment of a CCW (Wooden!) GWR 6w Luggage Tri-Composite Clerestory to show you, as I finished that today and am really quite pleased with it!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

picked up for £10 from the Bluebell Railway stand at last years East Grinstead show. Our club was exhibiting, and because I was a member of said club (who always attend the Bluebell show, and as such are on very good terms with them!) I got a £39 discount over the price they were selling them at

I have never been to the Bluebell show but I should be exhibiting there this year! If only I knew someone who could get me a massive discount on things!!!!

Gary

• Like 1

I think it was very much a one-off, and I was told to keep quiet about it lest 'the boss' should find out!

Bluebell's a great show: missed it this year, but will hopefully make it next year. Was meant to be operating a layout last time, but spent a considerable amount of the day sheltering from the rain either at Horsted Keynes or trundling through Sheffield Park in a Queen Mary Brake Van!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well Uckfield Club was unofficially banned for a few years due to one of our previous members!! Him having been gone from us for a few years after we became the first club to kick him out and a couple of our members working there seems to have got us in.

So I should be there this year playing with some N Gauge!! After all I am the one in club with a Van so whenever we go somewhere I am invited to have a play!!!!

Gary

Ah, I see.

I won't ask for details as to what said individual did!

Still, having a van I can imagine having its major plus-points. Of course, your being the club's director would have NOTHING to do with it either!  :tomato:  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think I am the preferred choice for the next chairman at Uckfield (mainly because I would be willing to do it!!) but some other Directors think I should be the next exhibition manager!!! but I would never be anywhere near as good as the current one!!

Gary

I must get back into playing more Train Simulator - the paid-for Terrier set I downloaded is excellent, including a set of Stroudley coaches in mahogany too, and in "advanced" mode takes a lot of concentration to drive! Sadly I don't have a period route to drive it on, but running an IEG Terrier out of Victoria while being passed by Southern-liveried class 377s is a fun, if surreal, experience!

post-793-0-76553300-1516968982_thumb.jpg

post-793-0-34875500-1516968992_thumb.jpg

I think this counts more as 'research'...

I was trying to get 'Bramley', 'Wonersh' and 'Hailsham'!

attachicon.gif TSA1.png

You do realise you can select which loco you get through the loco properties, right? :P
Edited by Skinnylinny
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I have never managed to get into Train Sim properly! I think if I could replicate everything I have in model form, including a period setting, without having to take out a second mortgage, I may be more inclined to give it a go again!!

Gary

I know, but it was WAY more fun doing what I did!

I bought all three available terrier packs (Covering pretty well every livery... I'll show you later!) which currently cost £18 something, but there is a LOT there! Stroudley coaches in Mahogany and Southern Green, plus all manner of Terrier variations! Just make sure to get it from Steam Sounds Supreme, rather than through the Steam Store, if you want all the liveries and variants.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

but then I would need to pay for Train Sim, plus on top of the Terrier I would need E1's, D1's, B1's, B4's, J's L's, K's etc..... not to mention all the SECR stock I would need!!! and a pre-grouping setting to play with them in!!!!!!

Gary

Firstly: Birdcages are in TS Now! I'll post some screenshots of them later with 751. I'm hoping to cover the other locos you mention, plus the pre-group setting (Hayling Island anyone?!).

Off the top of my head, with the SSS version (http://steamsoundssupreme.com/ts-multipacks.html) you get:

LBSCR Stroudley IEG (A1 + A1x)

LBSCR Marsh Umber (A1 + A1x)

SECR Wainwright Green (A1 + A1x)

SECR Wartime Grey (A1 + A1x)
LSWR Drummond Green (A1 + A1x)
FYN Green (A1 + A1x)
IWCR Green (A1 + A1x)
KESR Blue (A1 + A1x)
WCPR Green - Named (A1 + A1x)
WCPR Green (A1 + A1x)
GWR Green - Named (A1 + A1x)
GWR Green (A1 + A1x)
SR Green - Mainland (A1 + A1x)
SR Green - IOW (A1 + A1x)
SR Olive Green - IOW (A1 + A1x)
SR Bulleid Wartime Black - Mainland (A1 + A1x)
SR Bulleid Wartime Black - IOW (A1 + A1x)
BR Black, Early Crest (A1 + A1x)
BR Black, Early Crest - Weathered (A1 + A1x)
BR Black, Late Crest (A1x)
BR Black, Late Crest (A1x)
BR 'Brighton Works' IEG (A1x)
BR 'Brighton Works' IEG - Weathered (A1x)
Bluebell Rly 1960's Lined Black (A1x)
  • Like 1

Send me a map of Oak Hill, Please, Pretty Please with a Cuckoo on top!

It would take me a while, but I want an LBSCR pre-grouping route for myself, just need to reskin some Bluebell Railway assets, and we're sorted! If I were to do it, I'd probably use the Spa Valley as a base, or the Lavender Line, and work outwards towards Lewes and to Tunbridge Wells SECR, plus Oak Hill of Course!

So, Terriers. We'll start with two versions of SECR 751 (ex-Waddon) and a Birdcage set...

post-33498-0-57535000-1516980110_thumb.png

post-33498-0-09932000-1516980272_thumb.png

post-33498-0-36498100-1516980415_thumb.png

post-33498-0-30778900-1516980541_thumb.png

Then a very special Terrier - Hailsham!

post-33498-0-48164000-1516980713_thumb.png

post-33498-0-52160900-1516980757_thumb.png

post-33498-0-25713400-1516980877_thumb.png

And finally, my choice of Terriers, should I ever complete their branchline and bother to write some sort of script!

post-33498-0-35172200-1516980985_thumb.png

• Like 4