Another non-Pre Grouping acquisition! This time an Oxford Rail (Don't start... I'm happy enough with it! It's not a Dean Goods, at least!) Warwell, as pictured below (taken from Hattons' website):

OR76WW009_3287360_Qty1_1.jpg

I just like it, don't know why! It's not especially appropriate for any era I model, but oh well... it is in era for my user-namesake's time in the Railway Executive Committee though!

E. Missenden

• Like 4

OR76WW009_3287360_Qty1_1.jpg

It does look rather nice (especially the rust spots on the roller's... rollers. Something I have noticed when playing with a friend's father's full-size steamroller - the rollers start out rusty and quickly scrub themselves back to grey on the tarmac), but why on earth are the tension-locks green?!

A question:

Looking at my G6, I can't help feeling that the chimney doesn't quite look right. Now, I think I can see where it is going slightly wrong, at the base, but there is little I can do about it, other than have no base and have it just sticking through the smokebox.

So, I ask, is there any cast/turned Adams stovepipe available in 4mm to fit a G6, and if so would it require a hole? If so, I think I'll offer another version of the model to take such a chimney.

sem34090

Thanks...

I just need to find out if it has a spigot that requires a hole, in that case.

What do you think of the loco though?!

Where ca I find your list of what you are offering please. Any Brighton locos or other stock in your thoughts?

Hi Mike,

Currently on my to-do list? Everything that the Southern absorbed, and some things that didn't last until 1923! In particular LBSCR stock, but having failed to produce anything viable for that (besides the D1, which I have now - sadly - lost the file for), and will start with some Adams-era LSWR locos as they (generally) have simpler shapes and proportions than LBSCR and some SECR Stock. Currently ongoing, however:

LSWR Adams Class G6 0-6-0T: Midway through CAD Process.

LSWR Adams Class O2 0-4-4T: Will be produced as a derivative of the G6, mostly to cater for non-4mm scales.

LSWR Adams Class A12 0-4-2: Trying to find some decent drawings!

LSWR Adams Class T3 4-4-0: Need to scan drawings.

Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST: Some basic CAD Started: on hold until after the above three.

Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST: As Above.

SECR 0-4-0CT: No Progress Yet

LBSCR 2-2-2T 'Seaford': No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D1 0-4-2T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D2 0-4-2: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D3 0-4-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class E1 0-6-0T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D1x 0-4-2T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D3x 0-4-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class E1x 0-6-0T: No Progress Yet

SR Class E1r 0-6-2T: No Progress Yet (An Abomination, I know, but a minor modification to suit post-grouping modellers)

LBSCR Class J 2-6-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class J1 2-6-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C1 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C2 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C2x 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C3 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class L 4-6-4T: Limited CAD work completed.

There are many others...

At the moment, I'm still very much learning. As I progress, I will get through them quicker.

• Like 3

Thank you for the drawing, Linny, and it is now on the list! But I will be doing Gary's first, given I have someone offering me money for one already!

Oh, and the other part of Mike's question:

I use Imaterialise for my prints, as I find them cheaper than Shapeways, and they also offer a better service. If a model fails Imaterialise's automatic checks, you can easily forward it to manual checks where someone will look over your model, check the errors, tell you what they are, and will probably solve them for you too! That G6 Failed the automatic checks, but they sorted it for me. 

Also, based on my D1, the print quality for what shapeways call 'WSF' is higher.

Sir Eustace: I have front, rear, top and side plans for that Manning Wardle, and would be happy to scan them and email to you at high resolution if you'd like? Someone offering money is usually a good reason to bump their project up the list, however!

Feel free to PM them to me, and if not I'll PM you my email address!

It won't be as far off as you think, actually, looking at it: Stovepipe chimney, no cab, simple outlines, dome on a flat surface all make it appealing and as such it would materialise quite quickly.

Besides, it's from the South, so it will always win preference, as I could use one. I also need everything else on my list!

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Currently on my to-do list? Everything that the Southern absorbed, and some things that didn't last until 1923! In particular LBSCR stock, but having failed to produce anything viable for that (besides the D1, which I have now - sadly - lost the file for), and will start with some Adams-era LSWR locos as they (generally) have simpler shapes and proportions than LBSCR and some SECR Stock. Currently ongoing, however:

LSWR Adams Class G6 0-6-0T: Midway through CAD Process.

LSWR Adams Class O2 0-4-4T: Will be produced as a derivative of the G6, mostly to cater for non-4mm scales.

LSWR Adams Class A12 0-4-2: Trying to find some decent drawings!

LSWR Adams Class T3 4-4-0: Need to scan drawings.

Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST: Some basic CAD Started: on hold until after the above three.

Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST: As Above.

SECR 0-4-0CT: No Progress Yet

LBSCR 2-2-2T 'Seaford': No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D1 0-4-2T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D2 0-4-2: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D3 0-4-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class E1 0-6-0T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D1x 0-4-2T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class D3x 0-4-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class E1x 0-6-0T: No Progress Yet

SR Class E1r 0-6-2T: No Progress Yet (An Abomination, I know, but a minor modification to suit post-grouping modellers)

LBSCR Class J 2-6-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class J1 2-6-4T: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C1 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C2 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C2x 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class C3 0-6-0: No Progress Yet

LBSCR Class L 4-6-4T: Limited CAD work completed.

There are many others...

At the moment, I'm still very much learning. As I progress, I will get through them quicker.

Hello

Many thanks for the comprehensive list of intended loco bodies in 3D. Am I right in thinking that it is your intention to produce all these and others as 3D basic shapes  in 4mm scale for modellers to complete?

If so,  when will you be able to produce a pricing structure and photos of the 3D creation? 

My particular interest would be Craven locos

If this is your intention, can I join Gary in asking for a Manning Wardle (Preferably the 4-wheel version)

I have quite a few 4mm scale drawings of GWR and LNWR locos and rolling stock which I can e-mail to you when you might want them

Michael

Hi Michael,

I intend to make the locos a bit more detailed than that above, but the extent of detail has yet to be decided: it will be based on what is printable! 

It will be some time before I start selling, and as such I have yet to produce a pricing structure. The models will be offered in scales from 7mm to 2mm, including 0, S, 00, H0, TT/3mm, N, 2mmFS. When the 3D Prints arrive, I will be posting photos.

I too am interested in Craven-era locos, and they are actually quite high up the list (Though I have yet to identify specific classes) as they are simple in outlines.

Manning Wardles are on the list, and some have been started.

I will be moving on to do some LNWR stuff eventually, then GWR after GER and NER, maybe after the GCR too.

Regards,

sem34090

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I intend to make the locos a bit more detailed than that above, but the extent of detail has yet to be decided: it will be based on what is printable! 

It will be some time before I start selling, and as such I have yet to produce a pricing structure. The models will be offered in scales from 7mm to 2mm, including 0, S, 00, H0, TT/3mm, N, 2mmFS. When the 3D Prints arrive, I will be posting photos.

I too am interested in Craven-era locos, and they are actually quite high up the list (Though I have yet to identify specific classes) as they are simple in outlines.

I will be interested in early LB&SCR (Craven or Stroudley) locos in 2FS for our Lewes 1886 project.

It will also be interesting to see the level of detail and finish that is possible in the smaller sizes. The detail on Shapeways FXD is very good, but preparation for painting is tricky.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Dave

attachicon.gif123.png

More pre-grouping splendour in Train Sim! Soon the Caley will be better represented in 'V' (Virtual?!) Scale than in any other, as the 812 is currently in development with Digital Traction, who produced the fantastic No.123 above!

My version of Caley 123...

Thjis is the Great British Locomotives Collection (AKA GBL) body and tender mounted on a Tri-ang Hornby chassis, with Hornby Railways plated tyred wheels, and Hornby tender wheels and axles.

The GBL model was "inspired" by theTri-ang Hornby model....and the body is an easy conversion to fit onto the chassis.....

Apparently, as the Tri-ang model was designed to fit the existing GWR Dean Single Chassis from "Lord of the Isles", there are some "wrong" dimensions....

For example...It seems that on the "Real" 123, the driving wheel axle is inside the splasher, not under, as in the Tri-ang model....

post-12119-0-29468200-1518014355_thumb.jpg

post-12119-0-32516900-1518014373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 2