37 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Sounds pretty good but that gap between the cab and the buffer beam just looks wrong on the Bachmann 40's, especially when it goes around a curve...just horrible.

The same with any 1Co-Co1 loco on most model railways though.  My 45 is the same.  Don't think there is any way round it unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, cravensdmufan said:

The same with any 1Co-Co1 loco on most model railways though.  My 45 is the same.  Don't think there is any way round it unfortunately. 

Ok fair enough, just caught my attention as the gap looks really pronounced even when sitting on a straight.

• Agree 1

Jamie Goodman's new King sound file. I have fitted two speakers into the tender, a 27mm round and a 25x25x7, these sound good but I still think it could be improved so I will re look at this when I have more time

Richard

21 minutes ago, pheaton said:

sounds great but why do the coaches look totally out of proportion to the cab?

I noticed that. They are Hornby mk1’s, there’s no reason for them to be too small so I’m not sure what’s going on with them!

richard

I took a photo of this 108 I was fitting sound to but unfortunately I didnt have time to do a video! I used Loksound 5 micro which sits neatly in the space Bachmann provide, I used a 26x14x7mm speaker which is perfect because it sounds crisp with decent bass and fits out of sight, facing out of the opening where the bogie is so it's much louder than speakers inside the model away from any openings. https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/speakers/products/26x14x7-bass-enhanced-dcc-sound-speaker-4-ohm

120896849_2879198488846775_8625786487782464226_o.jpg.5efdcf3e7ccc4358443460574b743bb5.jpg

Richard

Edited by Richard Croft

Here's another model I did this week, its a Heljan class 47 so has a lot more space for speakers than a Bachman model. I used a 25x25x7 speaker over each bogie, facing down. https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/speakers/products/25x25x7mm-square-megabass-speaker-4-ohm

IMG_2752_1024x1024_7e9aef81-429c-464c-8601-bd8457c5043e_1024x1024.jpg.7a9bac33abc08f61b486376983a964a7.jpg

You could fit two of these into a Vitrains model too but not Bachmann

Richard

• Like 2
On 06/09/2020 at 13:56, Richard Croft said:

Heres another Bachmann 37 with an EM1 and small bass reflex but it's the first time I've used Jamie Goodman sound with this speaker combination. I actually prefer this to when. I tried his sound with an EM2

118714779_2783288315104460_1834599563434546008_o.jpg.9c9bb822424495f6dc2fde4f302ddf2a.jpg

Richard

Hi Richard

Sounds very good and also different, although it's more suited to a 37/0 as the starter motors sounds are not present.

What Bass reflex did you use on this with the EM1 ?

Regards

Ken

1 minute ago, tractor_37260 said:

Hi Richard

Sounds very good and also different, although it's more suited to a 37/0 as the starter motors sounds are not present.

What Bass reflex did you use on this with the EM1 ?

Regards

Ken

Hi, Ken, I used a 12 ohm small bass reflex under the fan with it, it gives a load of around  3.5 ohms, you can also use any of the small 4 ohm speakers in series but it might be a bit too quiet

Richard 

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

Hi, Ken, I used a 12 ohm small bass reflex under the fan with it, it gives a load of around  3.5 ohms, you can also use any of the small 4 ohm speakers in series but it might be a bit too quiet

Richard 

Do you sell these 12ohm speakers ? wired in series or parallel ?

Edited by tractor_37260
correct text

I was sent this class 37 to fit with a better speaker and reblow with Legomanbiffo sound. I wasnt expecting a Loksound 3.5 but the owner wanted to go ahead with it anyway. I used the existing speaker in a Hornby TTS speaker enclosure which is fully sealed, and used Legomanbiffo's older Loksound 3.5 sound file which still sounds great

Richard

• Like 1

People have been asking for a video of the Legomanbiffo class 42 Warship for a while and I've finally got around to it. I like it, the next step will be to add a bigger speaker, probably an EM2. For now though it just has a 26x14x7 speaker 

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/speakers/products/26x14x7-bass-enhanced-dcc-sound-speaker-4-ohm

IMG_7614.jpg.a1daa2fac718f92edd482bc9e5d18c80.jpg

I got a load of new wagons to extend my ballast spoil rake, I usually weather my own but these all came pre weathered from 'The weathering works' and I must say his work is excellent! I got two class 37's out to pull them round and thought they were worth a video, they sound excellent! The front loco is fitted with an EM2 which involved milling the chassis and the rear is fitted with an EM1 and a small speaker under the fan, I can either do this for people or its the kind of project you might want to take on yourself at home. Believe it or not, both of these models are fitted with Loksound selects from factory fitted models which I bought from people who wanted other decoders fitting.

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/diesel-services

Richard

• Like 2