N Gauge Class 68 Locomotive

gedlee

Forgive my ignorance, i'm new to this sound stuff, but I had a look on the DC kits website and I couldn't see an option for a NEXT18 decoder with the legomanbiffo sounds. Will this be an option on offer in the future? 

Cheers, 

Tom.  

These will be on there shortly.  Charlie

Received my Class 68s today and I am absolutely delighted with them. They are superb. Amazing finesse and detail and they run beautifully straight from the box. Well Done Dapol, this is a real step up in quality. Certainly their Best loco to date.

Cheers,

Ged

I've been having a play with the 68 sound functions, very good indeed for a factory fitted loco. 

Graham.

Actually the best Class 68 sounds I've heard so far. However I realize that the sound can be very different based on factors like the speaker and recording equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on a Class 68 diesel (Scotrail livery) yesterday (For my birthday!) and it was fantastic! Runs superbly on the layout straight from the box, super smooth running.

It is by far the best locomotive I have in my veried fleet for the layout.

Sam

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The body comes off the 68 easier than most N Gauge diesels. It’s just a case of slightly prising open the sides to release the clips holding it in place then pulling gently on my 2 examples.

Tom.

• 3 months later...

Got a 68 the other day, they weren't on my 'need' list but seeing the photos and the prices in some Christmas sales tipped me into one. I went for 68005, I liked the Defiant name! Really lovely model, the decoration is a step up from Dapol of old and the build quality appears to be there too. Gives me faith in the N scale 59, when it appears. All the switches inside are a nice touch, only improvement I could think of is the fit of the top headlight and to mount the switches underneath for easier access, but that really is being picky

Jo

Got a 68 the other day, they weren't on my 'need' list but seeing the photos and the prices in some Christmas sales tipped me into one. I went for 68005, I liked the Defiant name! Really lovely model, the decoration is a step up from Dapol of old and the build quality appears to be there too. Gives me faith in the N scale 59, when it appears. All the switches inside are a nice touch, only improvement I could think of is the fit of the top headlight and to mount the switches underneath for easier access, but that really is being picky

Jo

Hi Jo,

You can sell it on to me at a discount when you get tired of it. I need another one to renumber and rename!!

Later...Stu from EGDL!

• RMweb Premium

They are stunning models, I couldn't resist when Rails were doing sound ones for a very reasonable price, they look lovely, run beautifully smoothly and quietly, but I'm so underwhelmed by haulage. I really want to use mine on my Megafret rake, but it just slips to a halt even on level track. It's only 8 pairs, shouldn't be too much of an ask.

Who’s decals are you using for the numbers?

Steve at Railtec has a bespoke name and number service...although out of stock/too busy at the moment. Only currently available for DRS liveried machines, not Chiltern (yet!)

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Gold

Steve at Railtec has a bespoke name and number service...although out of stock/too busy at the moment. Only currently available for DRS liveried machines, not Chiltern (yet!)

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Thanks.

I have etched plates for Astute but require the white numbers to get 68003.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

For those looking for something to pull behind their forthcoming TPE class 68, Accurascale/Revolution have answered your prayers: 

Amazing news, and some joined up thinking from the two new kids on the block that is most welcome. 

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...