RTR North Eastern Railway Locomotives - A discussion.

• RMweb Premium

...also Seaham had a B2 Peckett as did Eldon/St Helens, Hordon and the 2 at Ryhope...

So that makes 11 48DSs having worked in Durham and 6 Peckett B2s...this of course doesn't include those that worked North of the Tyne or South of the Tees.

You mean Horden No 2? ...or are you talking about somewhere else?

Hordens'Peckett was refurbished. I remember seeing it on a low loader going up Blackhills Terrace on it's way to be fettled.

Baz

• Like 1

You mean Horden No 2? ...or are you talking about somewhere else?

Horden No.2 = 1310 of 1914

Ryhope No.2 = 1455 of 1918

Eldon No.3 = 1092 of 1906

Seaham = 1052 of 1905 (Dock Company)

Info: Ind. Locos of Durham (Mr. Mountford)

Plenty for Hornby to go at there and keep the early NE 20th century steam boys happy.

...and here is one of the Crook locos...you will have to zoom in as they are very small engines...on the photo its positioned betwwen 9 and 10 o'clock...

https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EAW016864

All I can see on that photograph is 1930's council housing. Oh hang on a mo! It's becoming clearer now. Wow that WWII camo scheme's quite good. Almost as good as my Camo pants.  (Can you see me?)

Ah ha! You mean that heap of tin with wheels in the brick works just opposite Oates Filling station

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we can tick one of our favourites off. Have to say well done to Oxford! Now can we convince them to do the 20ton hopper wagon!

I think we are very fortunate to have the manufacturers listening and acting on what we want. So we all must support them and their retailers by buying the models!

I will certainly be putting some money aside for this one!

• Like 1