meanach

Your pictures really create a strong feeling of the western highlands, the scenic work in particular is first class. If I can get close to this with my WHL based layout I will be chuffed to bits.

I've previously enjoyed browsing your layout blog . I think your island platforms in particular are spot on for the west highland line , more prototypical than I achieved with Meanach but it's all a learning curve !

Just off the work bench... another batch of Grampus. Slightly more battered than Meanachs time period but I intend to also use these on a forthcoming project set in 1994.

IMG_6668.jpeg

IMG_6667.jpeg

IMG_6666.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Image loss
  • Like 12

Stunning layout! Really captures the area. Cannot wait for more photos of this layout! This is definitely followed!

Are you able to post a panorama image showing the layout in the loft?

Thanks

Rhys B

Thanks all for the kind words of praise . I'm shocked just how much more attention the layouts got in this topic area. Especially as there is so much amazing stuff on here , I can spend hours on this site re living my bashing years. It's also great for info and having been out of the hobby for decades I've learnt so much from reading people's threads .

2 views from Alt nan clach river , looking towards Meanach box. Scratch built using brass windows which I picked up at Perth exhibition some years ago . Wills plasticard and balsa wood for the roof. The steps were from a long discarded industrial kit . The interior is lit and fitted out with a wills ? (I think!) white metal interior.

The river itself was made from polyfilla roughly mixed to represent swirling water. It was then undercoated and layered with various own mix gloss enamel tones and over layered with W.S realistic water. More recently , due to age I stripped some of the 'water' out as it was looking a little flat! 2 entire bottles later it looks more river like again . I took the opportunity to add some stream boulders and build up the river banks.

The low afternoon light captures 37401 approaching from the east.

26035 heads the other direction .

You might like to know that both locos mentioned in this post still exist in real life :yes:

Some more from this afternoons running session . 26023 approaches the recently installed crossing . A view also taken from across the river from the bothy.

37033 approaches Meanach station at the head of a rake of VGA vans brought down from Fortwilliam yard.

Thanks to Chris Smout for the photos.

21D238D5-9914-4733-9DAD-616AECD138AC.jpeg

C5201700-8929-421E-AA25-B6CA47F38AA2.jpeg

7AE6F724-C65B-4F11-9D31-720A982AFDB7.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Missing images
  • Like 14

A distinctly B.R blue running day today . Doug Johnson brought over his nicely weathered (and loud!) 24s & 25s. Turning back the clock to the mid 70s . Thanks also to Doug for the camera pics . Makes a change from my usual phone camera pics .

post-11459-0-84374600-1516720500_thumb.jpeg

post-11459-0-98832800-1516720547_thumb.jpeg

post-11459-0-02132100-1516720622_thumb.jpeg

497DDB89-1685-4AF0-90A2-BBBCDE46877E.jpeg

Edited by meanach
  • Like 18