meanach

Under brooding Scottish highland sky, 37262 is seen stabled in-between workings in Meanachs timber yard . 

A reworked Bachmann 254. Around 7 years ago I sprayed up one of these myself . It was o.k for a beginners effort but not to the standard of later locos . I decided to employ the professional help of Jon Gavin . I feel comfortable weathering stock but I leave full re sprays like this to the experts . It looks great . 

673B3298-205B-445D-880A-291B7569D938.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Broken link
  • Like 12

On 24/03/2019 at 21:45, meanach said:

Hi . Most of the Inverness 4s and some 0’s worked on the west highland at some point . Mostly in their early days in 86. The Eastfield tractors definitely worked the highland main line in the late 80s. Stuff like Glasgow - Perth . 

Meanach is based on a line which joins the highland main line to the west highland . A line actually proposed but never built . My rational is that Inverness  37s would have definitely worked over then. 

Thanks for the explanation, That works for me. 

Cheers Peter.

Early evening sees 37411 seen returning from Perth with a rake of stock utilised from the sleeper rake . Just waiting for Oxford rails Mk3 sleepers now ! 

IMG_3253.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Missing image
  • Like 16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi . I shall be operating my friends excellent layout ‘Marsh end ‘ at Lydney model show this coming weekend . 28/29. The layout is set (appropriately) in the forest of dean . There may just be a visit from a Scottish region interloper... ; )  

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4248.jpeg

IMG_4357.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Broken link
  • Like 10

37240 making a guest appearance at Marsh End . Seen on my rake of Grampus and Shark as Doug’s layout is kaydee and all my stock is 3 link / screw link ! 

A good show if you can make it today at Lydney academy . 

IMG_4362.jpeg

Edited by meanach
Missing image
  • Like 6

i'm sorry but I must respectfully disagree when you say weathering isn't your forte... I really like that they are not all the same too.  Lovely layout BTW - I love the colours and overall look which just captures West of Scotland.

M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The humble Turbot wagon . Not that common in the west highlands but I have seen a pic of a solitary one coupled with some SPA and OBA . That was enough for me to purchase this Kurnow one and give it a lite to medium weathering . 

BAA6D1B4-715B-470C-A394-6D8CD2815C71.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...