HST retirements and secondary deployments.

On 16/10/2020 at 12:31, adb968008 said:

given the number of spare vehicles, and how long before those spares get nibbled, I think thats a bit short sighted.

Unless long sight concludes post Covid, railways are going to shrink.

Given ScotRail has more 170s than they anticipated having when the HST project started (less have transferred than were going to), my assumption is one of the Inverness-Aberdeen diagrams which would become an HST will remain a 170 to cover for the loss of a set if they even need to do that given they still have more than one HST set maintenance cover even with the Carmont write-off.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

HA19 (the 26th set) was accepted by ScotRail on Friday 18/12 at Doncaster, vehicles are TGFB 40619, TSD 42255, TS 42568 and TSL 42256. This completes the 4 coach sets for ScotRail, the delivery is so far behind the original schedule and every other target date set I’ve lost track of how late if is, I guess it’s years.

HA19 along with Power Cars 43124 and 43148 are staying at Doncaster until late January for 5th trailer testing.

No further information on HA22, replacement looks less likely as time goes on.

Brian.

• Informative/Useful 3

• 10 months later...

Apologies for restarting this dormant topic.

The 17th and final ScotRail HST Inter7City  '5th' Trailer Second left Doncaster on Monday the 1st of November. This finally completes the delivery of the ScotRail HST vehicles. The first set of vehicles were delivered on the 17th August 2018, the delivery progress rate of this project has been at best glaciel, and then it slowed even more! There's still a long way to go before the '5th' trailers are all in traffic due to incomplete infrastructure projects, but this does mark the completion of the vehicle delivery part of the project ( other than arising warranty work).

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 03/11/2021 at 03:07, turbos said:

Apologies for restarting this dormant topic.

The 17th and final ScotRail HST Inter7City  '5th' Trailer Second left Doncaster on Monday the 1st of November. This finally completes the delivery of the ScotRail HST vehicles. The first set of vehicles were delivered on the 17th August 2018, the delivery progress rate of this project has been at best glaciel, and then it slowed even more! There's still a long way to go before the '5th' trailers are all in traffic due to incomplete infrastructure projects, but this does mark the completion of the vehicle delivery part of the project ( other than arising warranty work).

Brian.

Be even better if they were complete and functional before going into service :wubclear:

• Like 2