Pontypridd Model Railway Exhibition , 21 April (Llantwit Fardre)

valleymodeller

This year's event will take place on Saturday 21 April at our usual venue, Newtown Llantwit Community Centre, Crown Hill, Llantwit Fardre, CF38 2NA. Admission £3 all classes (up to two children free with paying adult).

Exhibitors are as follows:

Layouts

Sheep Lane                           OO  Somerset & Dorset                        Rob Gunstone

Tawford                                 OO  Modern Image Station                   Jason Jones (Barry MRC)

79A                                         OO  Steam Shed in the Snow              John Gooding

Burrard Inlet                          HO Canadian Shed Scene                   Brian Tucker (Pontypridd MRC Member)

Forest Gate Parkway            OO MI Privatisation era                        Graham Mann (Pontypridd MRC Member)

Bagley                                    OO S&D/BR(W) Steam/Diesel             Nigel Broad

Hornby Dublo Playtime        OO Hornby Dublo                                 Chris Cheney

Much Snoreing                      N   Cityscape                                       Ed Farms

American Coal                      HO US freight                                       Richard Flannigan (Western Valley MRS)

Crossley Scrapyard              OO  BR Sector                                     Baz Jones (Western Valley MRS)

Gunpoint                               HO US Diesels/Steam                          Reg Owens (Pontypridd MRC Member)              

Jedbach                                Hoe Austrian narrow gauge                  Bill Thomas (Pontypridd MRC member)

Weyford                                 N gauge Hants/Dorset                         Keith & Peter Matthews

Thomas The Tank Engine    OO                                                       Rhondda MRC

Trade

Lord and Butler (incl 'Dirty Boy Weathering'       Cardiff

MIB Models        (incl  3D models + demo layout)                     Porthcawl

Tallyllyn Preservation Society 

Club sales stand

Demonstrations

Project22Society           Stand to promote the rebuilding of a NBL Class 22 locomotive.

Narrow Gauge Kit building      Jim Edwards /Pontypridd MRC

PG Models                     N gauge military vehicles

Refreshments

Limited refreshments available on the day, Bacon Rolls, sandwiches, tea , coffee etc.

All exhibits subject to change (the curse of the cancellation!)

15 layouts, 4 demonstration/Society stands and 3 Trade Stands for £3 I think offers good value.

I will post some links from RMWeb to some of the listed layouts later. And add some photos for some others.

Any questions please ask.

Tony

Edited by valleymodeller

We need to get you down to Cardiff at sometime with your layout ...

Yeah, it's not that far. try the WAG express!!

Hopefully BSC Shepcote Lane tippler sidings will be making a rare appearance at the Pontypridd show this year , if it is not ready in time then there is the backup plan of Crossley scrapyard

BSC Shepcote Lane

attachicon.gifblogentry-19557-0-43494900-1452446902.jpg

Crossley scrapyard

attachicon.gifIMG_20180118_205514~2.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170903_185449.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20180118_205514.jpg

Cheers Baz, the whichever layout is smaller!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Much needed bump. Just over four weeks to go, to this friendly show, can start to smell bacon sandwiches in the ether.

Ken.

Evening Tripper.

I am looking forward to this. Sheep Lane is more or less ready to go with a revised fascia.

Rob.

post-14122-0-05586900-1521141821_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-51961600-1521141940_thumb.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

American Coal has replaced Sugar Road for the Show, both are by Richard Flanngan.

Forest Gate Parkway has replaced Wokinghurst. FGP is modern image privatisation layout.

Below are 4 photos, one fo Pen Darren m the other 3 of Graham Mann's Forest Gate Parkway (as seen in the Model Press in last year).

post-1923-0-76612200-1522270339.jpg

post-1923-0-26430400-1522270346.jpg

post-1923-0-28142300-1522270353.jpg

post-1923-0-31106400-1522270361_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just two weeks to go, I think I can hear the bacon beginning to sizzle!

Ken

Thankfully Ken I don't have to cook it! It's looking like a good show, all of our advertising leaflets have gone, apart from a few I'll be taking to the RCTS meeting on Wednesday . 

All the layouts booked have confirmed their attendance , I just to try and get it all to fit in. Almost all the layouts are different to last year's show, bar 2, and one of those has been in the model press (Forest Gate Parkway).

I just hope we have a good attendance on the day. I wish I had more leaflets to put out, we had 500 last year and printed 1000 this year and they've all gone.

And Cardiff City moved the game to a 7.45pm kick off for Sky so it'll be a long day.

10 layouts have been set up tonight, and the tea bags and bacon has arrived on site! We await 4 more layouts early tomorrow morning plus our two traders, Lord & Butler and MIB Models.

Not sure how the weather will turn out, it's forecast a few showers early on and warming up in the afternoon. I'm not sure whether fine weather is good for our attendance, or rain, or a mixture. You just never can tell how it will turn out on the day. We've postered local model shops, and given out 1000 fliers (compared to 500 last year), and it's been in the model press and on some local Facebook pages. So I hope we get a decent turnout of visitors to help swell the club's funds.

Of the layouts that have set up so far there is some excellent quality there, in HO, OO, N and Hoe. There may be few noisy US and Canadian sound effects tomorrow.

We've just put out a large number of books and DVDs next to the entry desk which are available for £1 each,  (£2 0r £3 for the boxed sets). So come along and grab a bargain and see some great layouts on the day.

Edited by valleymodeller