Frame spacers

Mdaunter@btinternet.com

I am currently trying to build the replacement chassis for the 57xx pannier. I have got to the point of soldering in frame spacers but I am unsure which size to use there is no info on an assembly article I found on the association web site, I did find an article in a past magazine but again no clue. I have a choice of 6.4 mm which is the measurement in the yearbook. Or I could use 7mm. The jig which comes with the frames seems to accept the 7 mm one. I have bought both.I don’t want to ruin any parts I have already bought through mistakes or lack of info.

• RMweb Premium

Use the 7mm pcb the jig is designed for (assuming that the loco frames are provided as single thickness).  The 6.4mm stuff was originally meant for use with thicker frame material.  The wider 7mm material was made available for use with single thickness etched frames.  Some of the newer replacement chassis have double thickness frames and these use the 6.4mm material (the instructions talk about 6 and 6.4mm but this is a typo as the association only sells 6.4 and 7mm).

Simon