Possible US small (it started out very small but is turning into medium size) HO project

newbryford

I thought CF7s were bad, but with sea chicken logos on the side that's another level of insult for someone who's both an F unit and 49ers fan...

If it's any consolation, the Tsunami chip in it still sounds like a bag of spammers being taken for a ride in a biscuit tin.

• RMweb Premium

Ha ha ha,, that old one liner "keep them on the straight bits", you'll have to open the conservatory doors to fit it all in!!!!!!

I daren't mention using the conservatory to Mrs NB for another layout.......

My UK based DL has been sat in therefor the past 4 months.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Mum has just moved into a bungalow with a converted loft area. I Wonder if I could sneak a layout in there when she is away as we have told her that she mustn't use the steep stairs.. We may even put a locked door at the bottom!!

• Like 5

I'd love a CF7 in O scale. Going to take a LOT of work to kitbash one though. Gotta find a 2 rail GP7 first though.

Red Caboose GP9 kit (about $70 at Des Plaines), Atlas/Roco F9, sharp knife, saw, glu..., sorry Dan, you're ahead of me on these bits.  I've got some F9 bits, etc, etc. :)

• RMweb Premium

This arrived in my mitts yesterday. I had to include something yellow for the quick grab shot.

post-408-0-68975100-1525689054_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Excuse me Mick, but don't you have another Layout to build for the weekend?

There are some advantages to having a layout with background areas that can be used for other uses!

The couplings are set the same, so you never know what may appear at Derby.............

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

At least, it's still an ALCO free zone..............

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks to ebay and Nectar for reminding me I have lots of points to spend, and watching JAAL Ray with his switchers, it will not be an ALCO free zone for much longer.........

I now have a sound fitted S2 on the way for the princely sum of £1.50. (Some of the nectar points were obtained during my recent US purchases anyway = win-win!)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

Thanks to ebay and Nectar for reminding me I have lots of points to spend, and watching JAAL Ray with his switchers, it will not be an ALCO free zone for much longer.........

I now have a sound fitted S2 on the way for the princely sum of £1.50. (Some of the nectar points were obtained during my recent US purchases anyway = win-win!)

Cheers,

Mick

At last you've seen the light and heading into the right direction, soon to be an EMD free zone! :locomotive:  :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

At last you've seen the light and heading into the right direction, soon to be an EMD free zone! :locomotive:  :stinker:

At £1.50 for the Alco, I can afford to have it non-working and dismantled in a siding...………………….

:jester:

As or EMD power - I now have two of these.

post-408-0-99262100-1527589964_thumb.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As or EMD power - I now have two of these.

attachicon.gif2443.jpg

I'm now starting to do a bit more digging for this project (particularly boxcar and other freight vehicle pics) and just looking back through a few pictures of my own visit there in November 2016 - especially as I now have a NW2 to represent #1209 on the first page of this thread.

This looked a bit familiar.

post-408-0-28981400-1528931816_thumb.jpg

A quick look at the rrpicturearchive website confirms it as an ex-Arkansas, Louisiana & Mississippi RR CF7.........

That's one of my pair sorted. 

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

I'm now starting to do a bit more digging for this project (particularly boxcar and other freight vehicle pics) and just looking back through a few pictures of my own visit there in November 2016 - especially as I now have a NW2 to represent #1209 on the first page of this thread.

This looked a bit familiar.

attachicon.gif1502.jpg

A quick look at the rrpicturearchive website confirms it as an ex-Arkansas, Louisiana & Mississippi RR CF7.........

That's one of my pair sorted. 

Cheers,

Mick

I would say that's more of a Peach!