Bachmann Class 37 Merl Evans - Colas Rail

Krieghoff

Hi all.

Just got my new 2018 Bachmann catalogue and the Bachmann class 37 'Merl Evans' is not in it. I've been on a few sites and this loco is available to pre-order ??

Does anyone have an idea of when this loco is due to be released or indeed if they are still going to produce it

many thanks

If you scrolled down and went back one page, you would of seen an entire thread dedicated to 37099: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117458-colas-locomotive-37099-named-‘merl-evans-1947-–-2016’

I do not understand your post? The model is due May/June and available to pre-order with all retailers. Livery samples were seen in late 2017.

I do not understand your post? The model is due May/June and available to pre-order with all retailers. Livery samples were seen in late 2017.

He was asking if it was still being released because it isn't in the new catalogue that a lot of us received in the post today and neither is the Colas 70. I'm guessing its a catalogue error for both locos but its a valid question even if it is in the wrong place

• Like 1

Thanks for that. At least someone does understand what I was asking. I find some replies from people on here rather condescending. Please try to be patient with people who may just not be as knowledgeable as yourself !!!

Thanks Loch Long :)

Edited by Krieghoff

Hi all.

Just got my new 2018 Bachmann catalogue and the Bachmann class 37 'Merl Evans' is not in it. I've been on a few sites and this loco is available to pre-order ??

Does anyone have an idea of when this loco is due to be released or indeed if they are still going to produce it

many thanks

With 'Merl' being a special loco it more than likely will only have a single production run which is why it isn't in this years catalogue. 

• Like 1

Hi Krieghoff

Merl is supposed to be out around June.

Possibly not in the catalogue as it was a last years model ie in the 2017 range.

It is available to pre-order on a lot of websites so should see the model soon.

Hope that helps.

John

• Like 1

The Colas Class 37 ‘Merl Evans’ and Class 70 that featured in the 2017 Bachmann Branchline catalogue are now in production. Both models are highly anticipated and as the full production run of each has already sold out to our stockists, they have been omitted from the 2018 catalogue as we are unable to accept further orders for either item. If you wish to purchase either model, I would advise contacting your local Bachmann stockist to place a pre-order to secure your model prior to release.

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager

Bachmann Europe Plc

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Merl is back!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66001/38573462590/in/photolist-21LB3Ro-21LB5xQ-21LB4vE

It ran to Derby on the 21st for tyre turning prior to resuming normal duties.

http://www.wnxx.com/18/1802/210218/37099.htm (this may not be viewable to non-wnxx subscribers,

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5