Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Fran - Me neither

Theoretically we are awaiting rebuild - the current track challenges any stock! But a garden running session might have to happen if we have some nice new stock to hand....

Meanwhile looks like theres a single HUO lurking in this rake of 21 tonners behind a pair of 20s - another of Brian Thomas's super photos - we never paid any attention to the stock back in the day.

post-7138-0-32581600-1522182970.jpg

Phil

• Like 4

Cheers Fran - Me neither

Theoretically we are awaiting rebuild - the current track challenges any stock! But a garden running session might have to happen if we have some nice new stock to hand....

Meanwhile looks like theres a single HUO lurking in this rake of 21 tonners behind a pair of 20s - another of Brian Thomas's super photos - we never paid any attention to the stock back in the day.

attachicon.gif8197 & CL20.jpg

Phil

..... ah, yes ...... twenty-one tonners on a decent chassis ? - I'm still dreaming of the day the trade will wake up to that 4mm scale necessity ! ( and such a useful chassis for all sorts of other things too ! )

• RMweb Gold

How easily do the coupling mounts/boxes remove, and when removed does it leave the chassis unecumbered?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

They would require a scalpel to cut the box out but it wouldnt affect the detail elsewhere on the underframe. It's plastic too so shouldn't take too much effort. 

Hope this helps.

Fran

Sorry to be a PITA, but any chance of a close up pic of the area please, preferably bufferbeam backwards?

Mike.

Strange how when these were announced I had no real interest beyond thinking 'lovely model', but now I find myself wanting the 21t variety as I'm about to start on a Harton Colliery layout, which will predominantly use 21t hoppers (24.5t were too big for the bridges and probably put the coal too close to the overhead wire). Follow it with a 21t hopper and I'll be very interested :)

• RMweb Gold

Sure Mike, does this work for you?

attachicon.gifA128D9AB-1BEF-40D7-8290-C1D0E3940FDC.jpeg

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks.

That looks a lot more promising than the sodding great lump that Hornby have seen fit to put under their hoppers! They could do worse than learn from the new boys!

Mike.

Thanks Mike, I’ll take a picture of the whole underneath tomorrow so you can have a full view!

Took them to the club tonight and took a couple of pics, will have some video of them tomorrow too!

attachicon.gif73889462-36FE-40A5-8301-FDF917B13ABC.jpeg

attachicon.gif5B5F3645-A0AD-49D5-878C-9445E1C91C05.jpeg

attachicon.gif8BBBA3D5-71E0-4B0B-8152-E86A987021E3.jpeg

Cheers,

Fran

Had a look at these last night at MRSI towers. Very very impressed along with the pre production IRM Tara Mines Wagon

Sorry to be a PITA, but any chance of a close up pic of the area please, preferably bufferbeam backwards?

So AY's spinny/turnie vid of the underside, with tension locks removed not good enough for you eh?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130571-accurascale-announce-4mm-scale-huo-and-buffer-detailing-kits/page-4&do=findComment&comment=3027485

Oft to about 3' 39" should see you well sorted.

P

Will Northern climes be graced with your attendance this coming bank holiday?

• RMweb Gold

So AY's spinny/turnie vid of the underside, with tension locks removed not good enough for you eh?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130571-accurascale-announce-4mm-scale-huo-and-buffer-detailing-kits/page-4&do=findComment&comment=3027485

Oft to about 3' 39" should see you well sorted.

P

Will Northern climes be graced with your attendance this coming bank holiday?

Thanks P, but like I was ever going to find that!

Giving York a miss due to preposterous flight and hotel prices you English think you can shaft us foreigners for, money can be better allocated to other more interesting exhibitions, York hasn't been doing it for me lately, my visits with the SP roadshow found it wanting.

Mike.

Thanks P, but like I was ever going to find that!

What you mean you don't read through threads thoroughly?

York hasn't been doing it for me lately

No need to provide details of what said site owner will do for a cheap costa holiday, thanks.

my visits with the SP roadshow found it wanting.

SP expense account not stretch that far. Just think of the positives. You are missing a full three days having to put up with camping next door to young James H.

Got to see some HUO 24.5-ton coal hopper pre-production samples today at Wexford Model Railway exhibition. They seem exquisitely detailed wagons that surpassed my expectations. The subtle details including the chassis undersides seem from another planet.

• RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-53733800-1523291493_thumb.png

post-7114-0-67073500-1523291544_thumb.png

HOP24 Production Begins!

The red button has been pressed, and the production of the first batch of HOP24/HUO has begun! As you can see in these images in our factory, production is well underway.

These will begin appearing on your layouts by mid May.

Excited? We are! :)

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Great progress so far! Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there an indication when the TOPS wagon packs will be available for pre order?

Many thanks

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Great progress so far! Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there an indication when the TOPS wagon packs will be available for pre order?

Many thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

Many thanks, we're delighted that we can turn around something like this in a very short period of time, less than 6 months from survey to production. 

We will be opening preorders on the TOPs variants (and the Onilyn Colliery pack) in May with a view to deliver in July/early August.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage (8).png

attachicon.gifimage (9).png

HOP24 Production Begins!

The red button has been pressed, and the production of the first batch of HOP24/HUO has begun! As you can see in these images in our factory, production is well underway.

These will begin appearing on your layouts by mid May.

Excited? We are! :)

Great news. Good job lads (and lasses, probably). Very excited. Maybe in time for my weathering project.

• RMweb Gold

These are completely the wrong era or fitting for me, but they look so good I can't say no ! When I pre-order will my account be charged straight away or when the model arrives? 

Hi Duple, many thanks for your kind words!

Our system only allows for charging when preorder is placed, so yes, your card will be charged now when an order is placed with a delivery in 6-8 weeks. 

HTH

Fran

I've had a bit of an accounting hiccup on my HUO pre order. I inadvertently paid P&P on my original order when the amount ordered qualified for free P&P. I was given a £10 credit note. Unfortunately I've received an e-mail from Accurascale this morning, asking me to pay the outstanding amount on my order, and the link goes to the £10 Credit Note. It looks like the Accurascale accounting system may not have correctly identified Credit Notes from outstanding amounts owed. I've e-mailed Accurascale at info@irishrailwaymodels.com to get this sorted. Have posted here as others with C/Notes may have received the same request.

• RMweb Gold

I've had a bit of an accounting hiccup on my HUO pre order. I inadvertently paid P&P on my original order when the amount ordered qualified for free P&P. I was given a £10 credit note. Unfortunately I've received an e-mail from Accurascale this morning, asking me to pay the outstanding amount on my order, and the link goes to the £10 Credit Note. It looks like the Accurascale accounting system may not have correctly identified Credit Notes from outstanding amounts owed. I've e-mailed Accurascale at info@irishrailwaymodels.com to get this sorted. Have posted here as others with C/Notes may have received the same request.

Hi Renbow,

This is indeed a hiccup, a ticking of the incorrect box in our accounting system. Apologies for that, please ignore it and rest assure that your credit note is still valid. 

Thanks,

Fran

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We had a great time at the North Down Model Railway Society exhibition this weekend with lots of people showing a great interest in the decorated samples of the HOP24. They also show up on David Mirolo's new layout 'St. David's TMD' (which incidentally won best layout at the show!) where they looked right at home.

post-7114-0-93604700-1524485651_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-72342700-1524485670_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-48628000-1524485689_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-18685600-1524485717_thumb.jpg

In the photo below you can see that the black backgrounds for the lettering and numbering is ragged. This is not down to some dodgy tampo printing, but has been individually drawn by our design team to replicate the photos we worked from in developing artwork for the wagons. We found that with patches painted for information during the service life of these wagons was never perfectly straight, so we have replicated this on our wagons to give a 'ready to weather' for the modeller. This has been very popular on our Irish models and adds an extra bit of realism. 

post-7114-0-80076000-1524485933_thumb.jpg

While at the show a superbly talented young modeller Nelson Jackson was giving scratchbuilding demonstrations. He dropped over to our stand with his beautifully weathered and detailed Q6 to pose as suitable motive power for the wagons. We have to say the combination looked superb together!

post-7114-0-53797800-1524486066_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-18473600-1524486094_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-54464300-1524486109_thumb.jpg

We have also received a sample box from the factory ahead of delivery which we feel is quite smart. Production continues apace with delivery scheduled in late May. Not long now! :)

post-7114-0-95993600-1524486220_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone who dropped by at the North Down show to say hi, and thank you to David and Nelson use of their layout and loco respectively!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 10

We had a great time at the North Down Model Railway Society exhibition this weekend with lots of people showing a great interest in the decorated samples of the HOP24. They also show up on David Mirolo's new layout 'St. David's TMD' (which incidentally won best layout at the show!) where they looked right at home.

attachicon.gifIMG_2796.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2798.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2801.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2802.JPG

In the photo below you can see that the black backgrounds for the lettering and numbering is ragged. This is not down to some dodgy tampo printing, but has been individually drawn by our design team to replicate the photos we worked from in developing artwork for the wagons. We found that with patches painted for information during the service life of these wagons was never perfectly straight, so we have replicated this on our wagons to give a 'ready to weather' for the modeller. This has been very popular on our Irish models and adds an extra bit of realism. 

attachicon.gifIMG_2800.JPG

While at the show a superbly talented young modeller Nelson Jackson was giving scratchbuilding demonstrations. He dropped over to our stand with his beautifully weathered and detailed Q6 to pose as suitable motive power for the wagons. We have to say the combination looked superb together!

attachicon.gifIMG_2805.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2808.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2809.JPG

We have also received a sample box from the factory ahead of delivery which we feel is quite smart. Production continues apace with delivery scheduled in late May. Not long now! :)

attachicon.gifIMG_2793.JPG

Thanks to everyone who dropped by at the North Down show to say hi, and thank you to David and Nelson use of their layout and loco respectively!

Cheers,

Fran

Superb. Can't wait.

I'll bet the model shop on the North Yorkshire Moors is going to make a fortune weathering these beauties.