Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

And these are my attempts at weathering ... The started out as TOPS set J. I've swapped in P4 wheels, but haven't yet had a chance to run them on someone else's layout to see whether or not they will run acceptably without springing or compensation.

David

IMG_1162 HL.jpg

IMG_1160 HL.jpg

IMG_1161 HL.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

It's been about 18 months since we launched our first British outline wagon onto the market with Accurascale and the HUO has been available just over a year now. It has become a bit of a 'forgotten soul' as we forge ahead with cemflos, PCAs, Deltics, Mark 5s and others, so it was nice to see that Jenny Kirk published a review and closer look at our first model yesterday on YouTube. Worth a watch if you're contemplating some wagons for your layout!

Thought I'd share it in case it was of interest!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have just unveiled some loads for our OO gauge HUOs. Pack of three, hand made loads with real coal for just £8.95. Due in stock W/C Oct 7th. 

2144739778_HUOLoad1.JPG.9d008d83da5cd003dffe2ad20c312de2.JPG

More info including ordering info here https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/real-coal-loads-for-your-huos

Will set some of these fantastically weathered models above off a treat!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, D1051 said:

Fran will they be available over the counter as well ? Now that Rails & few others are selling these models

Hi there,

Yes, we have offered these to trade too, so local shops will most likely order them in. 

Moving fast already, thanks folks! 

Cheers!

Fran

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have just unveiled some loads for our OO gauge HUOs. Pack of three, hand made loads with real coal for just £8.95. Due in stock W/C Oct 7th. 

2144739778_HUOLoad1.JPG.9d008d83da5cd003dffe2ad20c312de2.JPG

More info including ordering info here https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/real-coal-loads-for-your-huos

Will set some of these fantastically weathered models above off a treat!

Cheers,

Fran

Well, that certainly looks like a right load. Hand back in pocket.

• Thanks 1

Excellent! Making loads is a faff and plastic loads aren’t good enough. Loads used to be available from Model Railways Direct but the chap making them stopped because it took up too much time. His work is sadly missed. If Accurascale started to make loads suitable for other wagons, they would be very welcome. Meantime, I’ll be very interested to see if these fit hoppers from other manufacturers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone!

The loads are currently sold out, but we will have a limited supply back in stock by the end of this week, and more ordered! Thank you to everyone who has bought them so far. We are no considering loads for our forthcoming PFA coal containers now too!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, bazil31 said:

Just wondered if anyone knows the wheelbase length on these wagons.

I have a couple with broken tie bars and was going to get some etched replacement ones and wanted to know which length to get.

Baz

Hi Baz,

Drop us a line at support@accurascale.co.uk with the details and we can send you replacement parts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, McC said:

Hi Baz,

Drop us a line at support@accurascale.co.uk with the details and we can send you replacement parts.

Does this apply also to to the pesky hopper door operating levers by any chance.

I must admit some are my fault for wishing to remove the coupling box and re instate the operating rod, but some missed out in the glue shed during manufacture and waved goodbye just by looking at them!

Mike. 

Thanks Stephen 

But it is my fault that they are broke.

(rough handling perhaps)

Not sure how they could be replaced, the tie bars  look to be one piece moulded to the W irons.

I'll email yourselves with details.

Many thanks for the prompt reply and offer.

Regards Baz

• RMweb Gold

Excellent. 

We do have limited spares and parts available for all ranges so if you do face any trouble we’d certainly invite you to drop us a line, ideally with the original Order ID and a photo of the issue and we can do our best to help!

29 minutes ago, McC said:

Excellent. 

We do have limited spares and parts available for all ranges so if you do face any trouble we’d certainly invite you to drop us a line, ideally with the original Order ID and a photo of the issue and we can do our best to help!

any new's on new stock of the coal loads

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, OOgaugeJaf said:

Fran,

Any plans for further runs on pre-tops. Especially pack B? Really struggling to get more than the two packs I currently own.

thanks

John

Hi John,

We will certainly do more runs of pre TOPS HUOs in the future, but with new numbers. It is my understanding that Locomotion models still have a few of their pre TOPS packs in stock, and our TOPS packs are relatively easy to renumber back into pre TOPS.

Cheers!

Fran

• 3 weeks later...