Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

Impressive, personally one of the most detailed OO gauge wagons I've come across for the price being offered. Sometimes hard to imagine that it's CAD for a OO gauge wagon.

All the best with this venture. Not really a wagon I need but I will see if I can buy some just to support your venture.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Buffer beam detailing packs, hmmm, interesting.

Are you doing more than just buffers?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

We will be offering the buffer heads and shanks themselves as separate packs. The HUOs we have identified to model have various buffers, with some even having two or three different patterns. Our models will replicate this where appropriate and we will sell the different buffers separately which can be used on kits or detailing projects.

We will look to release more detail parts as we grow too. :)

Edited by 071
  • Like 8

Hi Mike,

We will be offering the buffer heads themselves as separate packs. The HUOs we have identified to model have various buffers, with some even having two or three different patterns. Our models will replicate this where appropriate and we will sell the different buffers separately which can be used on kits or detailing projects.

We will look to release more detail parts as we grow too. :)

Oh goody, I can retire now....

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

With 17 numbers from an identical Lot / Diagram from DJModels and 12 from Accurascale of the same Lot / Diagram one can now have a 29 wagon train of differently numbered wagons, out of the box.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Oh goody, I can retire now....

I hope not. It remains to be seen how good they actually are. There isn't exactly a great track record of decent RTR buffers. Accuarascale will be doing very well to get halfway near your quality and anyhow I can't solder plastic to brass. 

I'm beginning to wonder why I bother !!!!!!

I get that to. Plate wagons, gunpowder vans... It's probably going to continue. Sadly by the time the RTR market implodes (which it one day will) they'll be no kit makers left to provide anything different because they'll have got fed up.