Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday to you all!

As you know, the HUO was our first model in the British outline market back in 2018. We took a brave pill and manufactured many, many hopper wagons which found favour with modellers. As of today, I can confirm we have completely sold out of our pre TOPS, TOPS and NCB packs! Thank you to everyone who ordered them or bought them via retail outlets and supported us! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday to you all!

As you know, the HUO was our first model in the British outline market back in 2018. We took a brave pill and manufactured many, many hopper wagons which found favour with modellers. As of today, I can confirm we have completely sold out of our pre TOPS, TOPS and NCB packs! Thank you to everyone who ordered them or bought them via retail outlets and supported us! 

Cheers!

Fran

Success fully deserved Fran! Looking forwards to future releases....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday to you all!

Cheers!

Fran

I'm so glad that your gamble paid off. Everyone was a winner. Yourselves and us modelers. How's about some 25t iron ore hoppers, such as these to compliment them.

HJV B439726 [TM 1-025(HR)]

25t Ore hop B438236 [TM 1-014(HR)]

26t Ore hop B438220 & B438391 [TM 1-018(HR)]

Paul J.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 21/05/2020 at 21:02, cheesysmith said:

Can anybody tell me how to take one of these apart? I want to change 3 to dia148 clasp brake versions for a bit of variety and also fit instantier instead of the tensions.

From memory, erm risky!!, the centre hoppers have to come off and then there are clips at each side of the body tub, if you can wait a week I can check at home!

It is do-able and it goes back together ok.

Mike.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Swindon 123 said:

I'm so glad that your gamble paid off. Everyone was a winner. Yourselves and us modelers. How's about some 25t iron ore hoppers, such as these to compliment them.

HJV B439726 [TM 1-025(HR)]

25t Ore hop B438236 [TM 1-014(HR)]

26t Ore hop B438220 & B438391 [TM 1-018(HR)]

Paul J.

Nooooo.... we need 21t HOP VBs and MGRs plus derivatives including CBA next please....

;)

• Like 1

One day, many moons ago, I thought I was gonna be happy owning 5 scratch built HUOs. I now have 33 Accurascale ones, some of the best models I've ever bought.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Flood said:

One day, many moons ago, I thought I was gonna be happy owning 5 scratch built HUOs. I now have 33 Accurascale ones, some of the best models I've ever bought.

Not saying anything against the good guys at Accurascale, but which was more enjoyable?

Mike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Not saying anything against the good guys at Accurascale, but which was more enjoyable?

Mike.

I get huge satisfaction from converting and scratch building my stock and that's great if you need a coach here or a wagon there.

I have a different satisfaction from watching a pair of 20s trundling along with 40 coal wagons, 15 to 20 of which I know I would never have the time or inclination to scratch build. Making 17 Parkside MEOs and about 10 Parkside HTO/HTVs from kits has taken me long enough and I still have 5 of each to build.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have done the ultimate "Throwback Thursday" and gone back to where it all began, the pre-TOPS HOP 24s!

820340192_5(2).jpg.1804ca676d29e3803a03da87edaa2f4c.jpg

Our pre-TOPS wagons sold out very quickly indeed and were our first release. We now have four newly numbered packs in pre TOPS guise for those of you who missed out or for those of you who want to strengthen your rakes! 

Read more and order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/new-announcement-pre-tops-br-hopper-wagons-are-back

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi, do we know if the wagons carried the ‘HOP’ markings in the late 50’s and earlier 60’s.

Thanks Fred

Hi Fred,

Our research pics certainly confirm the markings were in use in the early 60s.

HTH

Fran

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Our research pics certainly confirm the markings were in use in the early 60s.

Surely   (not Shirley) no earlier than 1964 when the new painting, maintenance and coding edicts were issued. 

There was the 1960 & 61 experimental and trial letterings and boxed styles but as far as know those were never applied to 24½ t hoppers.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Do we have the luxury of 26mm pinpoint axles with this latest batch?

Good point.  (Sniggers).

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Surely   (not Shirley) no earlier than 1964 when the new painting, maintenance and coding edicts were issued. 

There was the 1960 & 61 experimental and trial letterings and boxed styles but as far as know those were never applied to 24½ t hoppers.

We have a pic dated 1963, but of course could be incorrectly dated. At least numbering and lettering is easily removed if backdating is required! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, do we know if the wagons carried the ‘HOP’ markings in the late 50’s and earlier 60’s.

Thanks Fred

There are no markings given in the relevant BR staff booklet of December 1958 - and unlike other sizes they don't have a telegraph message code for 24 1/2 T hoppers either (there are for all other sizes). Neither would there becolour coding or the suffix after the number. All of this appears to have started with the 1963 "boxed style" of lettering, which predates the Corporate image by a year or two.  Agree with PM earlier. 

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 23/07/2020 at 11:01, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have done the ultimate "Throwback Thursday" and gone back to where it all began, the pre-TOPS HOP 24s!

820340192_5(2).jpg.1804ca676d29e3803a03da87edaa2f4c.jpg

Our pre-TOPS wagons sold out very quickly indeed and were our first release. We now have four newly numbered packs in pre TOPS guise for those of you who missed out or for those of you who want to strengthen your rakes! 

Read more and order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/new-announcement-pre-tops-br-hopper-wagons-are-back

Cheers!

Fran

https://images.app.goo.gl/YQAzRaKKUsSrG8xU9

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

These are the same axles as before. 

Cheers,

Fran

Oh dear, a lost opportunity there chaps.

Still, a set ordered and out with the chisel, I believe it's called modelling?

I shall have to send my question again about spare levers via the website, still awaiting a reply from the last time!

Mike.