Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

With 17 numbers from an identical Lot / Diagram from DJModels and 12 from Accurascale of the same Lot / Diagram one can now have a 29 wagon train of differently numbered wagons, out of the box.

Actually, I was reminded that a decision was taken to up the first release to 5 packs of pre TOPs grey first, so 15 from Accurascale. 

TOPs will follow fairly soon after I'm delighted to say. :)

• Like 5

Over hear 'the proof of the pudding was in the eating' when they raised the bar by delivering these Irish beauties as promised. I have no doubt the Accurascale BR 24.5-ton coal hopper will not disappoint in the UK market. These guys are almost obsessed with detail.

Mildly weathered cement wagons

IMG_4041.jpg

Underside of ivory cement wagon - delicate details that may be rarely seen.

IMG_3375.jpg

Even the gauge has a reading.  Seams delicately done.

IMG_3379.jpg

• Like 5

With 17 numbers from an identical Lot / Diagram from DJModels and 12 from Accurascale of the same Lot / Diagram one can now have a 29 wagon train of differently numbered wagons, out of the box.

Erm   How do you know that DJM and Accurascale will, independently of each other, choose 29 different numbers for the HUOs ?

I believe there is somekind of anticompetitive law against collusion. I recall a few years ago Paul Bartlett making a comment about the then new Hornby 20T Midland Tar Distillers tank appearing in identical markings and number to a photograph of his. Might it therefore be possible that two model manufacturers looking for vintage images of HUOs might choose those same details for their models ?

Just sayin 

• RMweb Gold

Erm How do you know that DJM and Accurascale will, independently of each other, choose 29 different numbers for the HUOs ?

I believe there is somekind of anticompetitive law against collusion. I recall a few years ago Paul Bartlett making a comment about the then new Hornby 20T Midland Tar Distillers tank appearing in identical markings and number to a photograph of his. Might it therefore be possible that two model manufacturers looking for vintage images of HUOs might choose those same details for their models ?

Just sayin

I am not convinced that mutually agreeing not to cover the same numbers would be seen as anti-competition. As long both models existed and there was no price fixing I don’t see the Competition Commission being interested.

Roy

Erm   How do you know that DJM and Accurascale will, independently of each other, choose 29 different numbers for the HUOs ?

Just sayin 

I am not convinced that mutually agreeing not to cover the same numbers would be seen as anti-competition. As long both models existed and there was no price fixing I don’t see the Competition Commission being interested.

Roy

Easy because DJM are producing wagons from the first batch with the clasp brakegear  and  Accurascale from the later ones with the longer brake levers and independent brake gear!

Mark Saunders

A daily part of my early railway career so now my type 1's can have a proper East Midlands train,excuse to show typical train.

post-13564-0-58186300-1517067234.jpg

Apologies to DaveF for using one of his photos without crediting it. 20193 May '79

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Wow so a 32 wagon train, each with a unique number, out of the box.

Equates to 12.5 coaches in length, you could split them: and have passing trains, empty and loaded...

This is surely a record for rtr modellers, when it comes to variety ?

Its almost worth going trainspotting on your layout to see how many you can cop.

Which brings me to another question... loads ? Will they have them ?

Maybe odd question, but how were these emptied, did they have doors at the bottom ?

Edited by adb968008

Yes they were bottom discharge although I have vague memories of Drakelow A&B station using a rotary dump as the odd 24.5 mineral was in a train, however it's nearly 40 years ago so someone may correct me. A&B station was rebuilt for proper MGR working around late '82.

• Like 1

Maybe odd question, but how were these emptied, did they have doors at the bottom ?

Those in the photo above bear the tell tale marks of occasioally being tippled for emptying.

Edited by Porcy Mane

Yes they were bottom discharge although I have vague memories of Drakelow A&B station using a rotary dump as the odd 24.5 mineral was in a train, however it's nearly 40 years ago so someone may correct me. A&B station was rebuilt for proper MGR working around late '82.

Cambois had a tippler but mainly for discharging crippled wagons!

• RMweb Gold

Wow so a 32 wagon train, each with a unique number, out of the box.

Equates to 12.5 coaches in length, you could split them: and have passing trains, empty and loaded...

This is surely a record for rtr modellers, when it comes to variety ?

Its almost worth going trainspotting on your layout to see how many you can cop.

Which brings me to another question... loads ? Will they have them ?

Plus an infinite number of MacGeordies kits, a sudden explosion of NE based layouts?

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Must admit to being a bit disappointed - with all the fanfare I'd hoped it may have been a new loco as opposed to a wagon but then as a diesel era modeller this year has been nothing but disappointments for us ....... hopefully this will change in the not too distant future.

Have completed the survey - lets hope some of my suggestions see the light of day in the future.

Anyways, welcome to the world of model production - i wish the venture every success.

Ben

Must admit to being a bit disappointed - with all the fanfare I'd hoped it may have been a new loco as opposed to a wagon but then as a diesel era modeller this year

Ben

Personally I was quite pleased to find out that it was not another locomotive as there are far too many manufacturers trying to make their mark with them!

Mark Saunders

I think it's a clever choice for a first model as it will generate multiple sales, so bringing in cash for future projects which may be a bit more obscure. There are plenty of gaps even today in the bread and butter market, BR Mk2b/c anyone TSO and BSO would be useful gap fillers given it's internally where they differed, again with multiple sales as they appeared in 3 much travelled liveries.

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Must admit to being a bit disappointed - with all the fanfare I'd hoped it may have been a new loco as opposed to a wagon but then as a diesel era modeller this year has been nothing but disappointments for us ....... hopefully this will change in the not too distant future.

Have completed the survey - lets hope some of my suggestions see the light of day in the future.

Anyways, welcome to the world of model production - i wish the venture every success.

Ben

Thanks Ben. Please bear in mind that this is the first of a number of announcements this year of new models. It will be worth keeping an eye out for other announcements throughout the year and beyond! :)

• Like 2

It’s great to see the new manufacturers come to the scene. I don’t think Hornby will be around much longer to be honest. It’s also good to hear the annual wish list will be considered so there is hope for us NE modellers yet. Good to see from the thread visits to Tanfield and NRM Shildon. Wonder if that was a hint.