Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Oh dear, a lost opportunity there chaps.

Still, a set ordered and out with the chisel, I believe it's called modelling?

I shall have to send my question again about spare levers via the website, still awaiting a reply from the last time!

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Checked there but didnt see an email, unless you used live chat? 

Email us at support@accurascale.co.uk

Sorry, on leave atm but you will be looked after!

Cheers,

Fran

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

Checked there but didnt see an email, unless you used live chat? 

Email us at support@accurascale.co.uk

Sorry, on leave atm but you will be looked after!

Cheers,

Fran

No worries Fran, it's 43° here, far too hot to model!

Mike.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

No worries Fran, it's 43° here, far too hot to model!

You could always do some plumbing and make a plunger  (Axle).

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 20:29, Phil Bullock said:

Nooooo.... we need 21t HOP VBs and MGRs plus derivatives including CBA next please....

;)

Really Phil? I can't help thinking you're jesting about those suggestions. 

I'm sure you haven't overlooked that Parkside (Peco) do a 21 ton hopper, so all you need to add is a vacuum cylinder and a pipe along the solebar.  There are 2 variants of the MGR wagons available on the market, and the CBA doesn't involve too much model making to arrive at one. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kier Hardy said:

Really Phil? I can't help thinking you're jesting about those suggestions. 

I'm sure you haven't overlooked that Parkside (Peco) do a 21 ton hopper, so all you need to add is a vacuum cylinder and a pipe along the solebar.  There are 2 variants of the MGR wagons available on the market, and the CBA doesn't involve too much model making to arrive at one. :unsure:

I'm up to my neck in Parkside 21t hopper kits at the moment. I have 14 on the go at once. All unfitted and mostly ex-LNER hoppers but they do make a very nice wagon. I've quite surprised myself at the outcome.

So, no 21t hoppers at the moment please Accurascale. Try to concentrate of stuff I haven't got.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 24/07/2020 at 14:56, Porcy Mane said:

You could always do some plumbing and make a plunger  (Axle).

Bonny Lad,

Is this the underneath of a Cemflo I see before me? With the discharge equipment removed?

Are you doing a conversion?

I do have any amount of discharge buts I had printed and etched.

Can I interest you?

Spenny Bob

• RMweb Gold

953804077_5(2).jpg.2c350bd861fd75f15dfd6d5580617c40.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on our pre TOPS hoppers. I took a look at sales figures this morning and half of the new run has already been sold. Unbelievable! Thank you to everyone who has placed an order with us so far. Although this run was smaller than we had hoped to produce due to knock on affects on production schedules in China post COVID, they have still sold a lot faster than we thought! We cant see them lasting much longer in stock.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Is this the underneath of a Cemflo I see before me? With the discharge equipment removed?

Are you doing a conversion?

Dearest Mickey More Burb,

That a very kind offer

The discharge gear was removed for protection during fiddling about for the P4 conversion and for fitting the wings missing on the models discharge apparatus. Sadly my plans for for a bit of ECML rattling around the attic had to be curtailed with the onset of the poorlyness as it restricts me boogieing on down up amongst the rafters.

There may be one Gloucester  (my preferred option) on the cards just so I can have it hot boxed along with the Mett Camm in a siding somewhere, or doing a local delivery from the Heaton BC terminal.

795703909_Ascale-Cemflo-016-EditSm.jpg.0050d8e4b65f9c186003e18a744877b2.jpg

P

P.s. "Discharge buts" sounds like the result of some nasty STD.

• Funny 2

On 23/07/2020 at 15:34, drjcontroller said:

It's only money :D

I've decided you're right and I've broken into the piggy bank which contains my kid's inheritance! But I didn't go for these HUO's - I've ordered some PFA's to go with the KUA's and 2 sets of the PTA's in British Steel colour scheme - this was for sentimental reasons as both my grandfathers worked for Dorman Long, where they were built (although both long-retired by the time the 70's came along)

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bartram108 said:

I've decided you're right and I've broken into the piggy bank which contains my kid's inheritance! But I didn't go for these HUO's - I've ordered some PFA's to go with the KUA's and 2 sets of the PTA's in British Steel colour scheme - this was for sentimental reasons as both my grandfathers worked for Dorman Long, where they were built (although both long-retired by the time the 70's came along)

The kids would only waste it!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, D1051 said:

Just purchased the bundle .Sad too see the "loads" are sold out. Any ideas when they will become available again ?

They went very quickly once we brought the wagons out! We are getting another batch produce, but as they are hand made they do take time. Hattons do have some in stock though if you want to get them sooner! https://www.hattons.co.uk/524046/accurascale_acc2250huo1_real_coal_loads_for_huo_24_5t_coal_hoppers_pack_of_three/stockdetail.aspx 

Cheers!

Fran

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2020 at 10:09, Accurascale Fran said:

They went very quickly once we brought the wagons out! We are getting another batch produce, but as they are hand made they do take time. Hattons do have some in stock though if you want to get them sooner! https://www.hattons.co.uk/524046/accurascale_acc2250huo1_real_coal_loads_for_huo_24_5t_coal_hoppers_pack_of_three/stockdetail.aspx 

Cheers!

Fran

Which of the Hunt couplings would you use with these for as close as possible, radius of track at least 4 ?

Chilly

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Which of the Hunt couplings would you use with these for as close as possible, radius of track at least 4 ?

Chilly

Hi Chilly,

I'm afraid I have no experience of hunt couplings. Maybe they could advise? 

Cheers!

Fran

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chilly,

I'm afraid I have no experience of hunt couplings. Maybe they could advise? 

Cheers!

Fran

Many thanks for your reply, I will.

Looking forward to the 55's and 37's, if they are anything like the bundle pack of these I have bought they will be fantastic.

Chilly 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very new to this hopper stuff and 1950s and 60s wagons in general.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking on Ebay and fell in love with a (please do not laugh) Clayton built to P4 standards from a Judith Edge kit . This is quite a change from my normal 1920s GWR you understand. 

Anyway, 2 packs of hoppers ordered last night for the Clayton to play with after I convert them to P4.

I have also found a pack at Woodpecker models, who are local stockists.

That makes 12.

Photo of Clayton attached.

regards,

Craig W

IMG_E1577.JPG

Edited by Craigw
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Since all the TOPS packs (F - K) are sold out on Accurascale's website, folks may be interested to know that TMC still have these and now are selling them at a bargain price of £47.95 per pack.

That's just over £15 per wagon, a steal for these super models!!!

Cameron